White Chocolate Mousse with White Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
The white chocolate covered peanut butter balls in the following chocolate mousse dessert recipe are easy to make. This recipe actually makes about fifty so you will have some left over. You can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you find the white chocolate covered peanut butter balls do not seem to be setting, you can put them in the freezer for a bit, while you get on with making the two different mousse recipes.
You can make this dessert in advance. In fact, you need to anyway, because the two mousses and the peanut butter balls all have to chill in the refrigerator before you assemble the desserts. The white chocolate mousse and dark chocolate mousse in this recipe are served in layers and the white chocolate peanut butter balls form the top layer. This dessert is a chocoholic’s dream because it combines two kinds of chocolate, as well as crunchy peanut butter balls on top.
The dark chocolate mousse is made with a pudding mix and tofu, and the white chocolate mousse is made with chocolate, vanilla and cream. It is nice to make one mousse with pudding and one the traditional way, because this means the two mousses taste very different and have different textures too.
- 3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 12 oz firm silken tofu
- 1 ½ package chocolate pudding mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- ⅔ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- First, make the white chocolate peanut butter balls.
- Line one baking sheet with aluminum foil and one with wax paper.
- Beat the peanut butter with the softened butter, then add the powdered sugar gradually, blending until the mixture is very smooth.
- Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls, using damp hands.
- Put them on the aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and let them stand for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt 2 cups of the white chocolate chips with the shortening in a bowl on top of a simmering pan of water, stirring all the time. Take the pan off the heat.
- Pierce each ball, using a toothpick as a handle, and dip it into the melted white chocolate mixture.
- You can use a spoon to pour the chocolate over the balls if that is easier. Put the chocolate-covered balls on the baking sheet with wax paper and chill until set.
- Now make the white chocolate mousse.
- Heat the water in a pan.
- Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Add the rest of the white chocolate chips and melt them.
- Put the pan in a dish of cold water to cool the chocolate mixture down, and then chill it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Whisk the white chocolate mousse until it is smooth.
- Beat the whipping cream with the vanilla until it forms stiff peaks, and then add this to the mousse.
- Finally, make the chocolate mousse.
- Drain the silken tofu and put it in a bowl.
- Mix in the pudding mix with an electric mixer, and then chill the mousse in the refrigerator.
- To serve, scoop some chocolate mousse into 10 parfait glasses, top it with white chocolate mousse, then the rest of the chocolate mousse.
- Finish with a final layer of white chocolate mousse and some of the white chocolate peanut butter balls.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon over the top, just before serving.
The combination of dark and light in this white chocolate mousse recipe is classic and your guests will know at once that you are serving them something very special. The two mousses have very different flavors but they are both soft, rich and wonderfully sweet. The crunchy white chocolate peanut butter balls on top are also homemade and these add a delicious crunch to an otherwise soft dessert. This dark and white chocolate mousse recipe might take a little longer to make than some of our other mousse recipes but it is well worth making because it tastes utterly divine.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32433 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17600 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13821 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10587 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9789 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9473 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9026 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8519 Views)