White Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Recipes
This is a gourmet strawberry mousse recipe, which is probably unlike any mousse you have tried before. The combination of fresh strawberries and whipped cream is a classic one for a strawberry mousse, but the gelatin is great too. Not only does it reinforce and enrich the strawberry flavor, but also it gives this strawberry mousse recipe a really good consistency and stops it from sinking through the white chocolate cream layer.
You can melt the white chocolate in the microwave if that is easier than using a double boiler. If you are doing that, choose a low microwave power setting and stir the chocolate every minute until it is smooth, before adding it to the cream.
The wafer straw and mint leaf topping is simple and delicious and this is a great dessert to make for a dinner party. Not only does it score ten out of ten for taste but you can make it the day before, leaving you free to focus on the rest of the meal preparation. White chocolate strawberry mousse recipes are popular because the light flavor of white chocolate is so gorgeous with the fruity flavor of strawberries. The two are a perfect pair.
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 3 wafer straws
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- Hull the strawberries and crush them, keeping the juice.
- Add enough water to the reserved juice to make ¾ cup and pour it into a saucepan.
- Bring the strawberry juice to a boil, and then add it to the strawberry gelatin powder.
- Keep stirring until the gelatin dissolves, and then let it cool. Stir in the crushed strawberries.
- Beat the whipping cream until you get soft peaks, and then fold this into the strawberry mixture.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes or until it is much thicker.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring it until smooth.
- Take it off the heat and pour it into the heavy cream.
- Divide the white chocolate mixture between 3 serving glasses, keeping about 2 tablespoons of it back, and then top each one with the strawberry mousse mixture.
- Top with the remaining white chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Garnish each one with a wafer straw and a couple of fresh mint leaves just before serving.
This is a delicious dessert in red and white. Kids especially love the wafer straw because they can suck up some of the thick white chocolate cream or the strawberry mousse through it. The mint adds color. Two-tone layer dessert recipes like this one always looks good. The trick is to use something heavier for the bottom layer, else the top layer will sink through it. Using fresh strawberries and their juice, as well as strawberry gelatin, keeps this dessert looking bright red instead of an insipid pink. Served in wine glasses, this is a classic and stunning looking dessert recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)