Delicious Cream Cheese Apple Pie Recipes
This cream cheese apple pie is made with vanilla, apples and more and it is spiced with ginger and cinnamon. The cream cheese layer also contains eggs and is baked to set it. The apple layer uses gelatin for a great texture and to keep the apples in place. The streusel topping is made with flour, butter, and sugar. Sometimes streusel-topped pies are baked but that would ruin the gelatin layer, so the streusel topping is added at the end instead.
Cream cheese apple pie recipes are always great served with lashings of whipped cream. You can also squirt some chocolate syrup over the top too, if you want. If you like fruity gelatin recipes, you will really love this cream cheese apple pie. It makes a wonderful dessert and all ages love apple pie – it is such a soothing comfort food.
Gelatin is used in gelatin recipes for a colorless and flavorless treat. There is no apple flavored gelatin variety, which is why the following recipe calls for gelatin instead. This cream cheese apple pie is delicious served cold with cream or even vanilla ice cream. You could even use pears to make a pear pie for a change. Apple pie is one of those timeless classic dishes though, and there is something innately special about the flavor.
- 1 readymade 9 inch graham cracker crust
- ½ cup plus 3 oz white sugar
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 envelope gelatin
- ½ pint cold water
- ½ teaspoon ginger essence
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the water, and then add the ginger and 3 oz of the sugar.
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes, then add the apples and boil them until they are soft.
- Set this mixture aside to cool.
- Beat ½ cup white sugar with the vanilla essence in a bowl using an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix until they are just combined. Pour this mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until this layer sets, and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Spoon the apple gelatin mixture on top of the cooled cream cheese layer.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon. Stir in the butter until the mixture is granular.
- Sprinkle this topping over the apple gelatin and chill the pie overnight.
- Decorate each serving with whipped cream.
If you are keen on cream cheese apple pie recipes, you will find this pie easy to make and really amazing to eat. The bottom layer is baked, and then the apple gelatin layer and cream finish it off. It is best to leave this cream cheese apple pie in the refrigerator overnight to set and chill properly, but a couple of hours would do it if you want to eat it the same day. Use tart apples like Granny Smith or sweet red apples, depending on your taste and how sweet you want the apple layer.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)