Layered Raspberry Pie with a Chocolate Crust
This delicious raspberry pie combines the flavors of raspberries, vanilla and chocolate for a delicious pie recipe. The chocolate crust is a simple combination of chocolate graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. For a cup and a half of graham cracker crumbs, you will need to process about eleven graham crackers in a food processor with a metal blade or put the crackers in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
The next layer in this tasty raspberry pie recipe is a creamy raspberry sorbet and Cool Whip combination. On top of that is a layer of vanilla pudding, fresh raspberries and more Cool Whip. You can use thawed or frozen raspberries if you prefer, or even canned raspberries, as long as you drain them well. The raspberries give this gelatin pie a delicious and appetizing pink color. You could always use strawberries or blackberries if you prefer, and if you do this, you might like to use strawberry or blackberry sorbet, or strawberry ice cream, instead of the raspberry sorbet. Ice cream will make a creamier pie.
Because this raspberry cream pie contains sorbet, you will need to freeze it well to set it, and then keep it in the freezer. This fresh raspberry pie is a wonderfully light and refreshing dessert, like most raspberry pie recipes are, and the combination of vanilla and raspberries is a heavenly one. This is one of the most delicious dessert recipes ever.
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups frozen raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 ¼ cups cold milk
- 2 packages (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter.
- You can either mix it by hand in a bowl or pulse it a few times in a food processor.
- Press the crumbs over the sides and bottom of a 9 inch pie pan, and then bake the crust for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the sorbet and half the Cool Whip, whisking it with a wire whisk until well combined.
- Spoon this mixture into the cooled pie crust, then cover it and freeze for an hour.
- Combine the vanilla pudding with the milk and beat for a couple of minutes with a wire whisk, until it is very thick.
- Stir in the rest of the Cool Whip and the raspberries and spoon this mixture over the partially set sorbet layer.
- Freeze overnight or for at least four hours.
- Take the pie out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving it and let it stand at room temperature until you can cut it easily.
- Keep any leftover pie in the freezer.
Raspberry pie recipes vary but this one uses vanilla pudding and sorbet, for a light and airy texture. This is an easy raspberry pie recipe to make and raspberries are many people’s favorite berry. Just looking at this photo of fresh raspberries is enough to make your mouth water. The chocolate pie crust in this raspberry pie recipe adds a rich flavor but you can use regular graham crackers instead of chocolate ones if you prefer. Raspberries are a wonderful ingredient to use in dessert recipes because their natural sweetness contributes to the flavor of any dessert recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10603 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)