Simple Blueberry Pie with Blueberry Gelatin
The topping for this yummy dessert is made with vanilla, cream, nuts and cream cheese, making this dessert soft, creamy, and rich. If you leave the can of pineapple and the blueberry pie filling in the refrigerator the night before making this dessert, you will find that the gelatin sets a lot faster. This is a wonderful gelatin recipe for blueberry lovers everywhere.
This is a very colorful gelatin recipe, as well as a tasty one, and if you like different textures in your desserts, you will love the way the crunchy nuts contrast with the soft fruit and the creamy cheese. The vanilla adds a luxurious touch and everything just goes together so well with this dessert recipe. If blueberry gelatin is one of your favorite gelatin flavors, this recipe is a great way to use it.
This is a great gelatin recipe for the whole family and it is especially sweet. For sure, anyone with a sweet tooth will really love this blueberry pie with blueberry gelatin recipe. If you do not have such a sweet tooth, you might want to leave the sugar out of the creamy vanilla topping, just to cut down on the sweetness a little.
- 1 large pack grape or blueberry gelatin
- 1 ¾ cups boiling water
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 20 oz can blueberry pie filling
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water in a 9 x 13 inch glass dish and let it cool.
- Add the pie filling and pineapple (with the juice) to the gelatin and let this gelatin salad chill until it has set.
- To make the topping, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread the topping over the gelatin salad and sprinkle the chopped nuts on the top.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32426 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18608 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17599 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13817 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10585 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9787 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9024 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8512 Views)