Streusel Topping Raspberry Pie with a Peach Gelatin Sauce
This delicious raspberry pie recipe blends berries and tapioca for a juicy filling with nuts, oats and more for a delicious streusel style topping. The piecrust is homemade and the raspberry pie is served with homemade peach sauce, made with peach gelatin. You cannot use gelatin in the raspberry pie because it needs to be baked but you can use it to make the tasty peach sauce.
“Streusel” is German for sprinkled or scattered and this word applies to any fruit or raspberry pie with this type of topping. You can also call it a crumble recipe. Flour, butter, and white sugar are traditional ingredients if you want to know how to make streusel but some streusel topping recipes have nuts in or other ingredients.
The peach gelatin sauce is made with peach gelatin, peach puree, sugar, and water. It goes well with raspberry pie recipes because it is sweet and fruity. You could use a different flavor of gelatin if you wanted, and a different fruit.
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup chilled vegetable shortening, in ½ inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- 7 tablespoons butter, in ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup fast-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons whole almonds
- 6 tablespoons butter, in ½ inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 ½ tablespoons oats
- 1 package peach gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 peaches, pureed
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 fresh strawberries, halved
- Raspberry ice cream syrup
- Combine the flour, salt, and white sugar in a food processor, then add the butter and the shortening, pulsing the mixture a few times.
- Add the ice water until you get moist clumps. Add more ice water if you need to.
- Press the dough into a ball, then flatten it into a disk shape, wrap in it plastic and refrigerate it for an hour.
- Combine the topping ingredients in the food processor and process until you get moist clumps.
- Cover it and chill.
- For the fruit filling, mix the tapioca, lemon juice, and sugar, then add the berries, tossing the mixture to combine the ingredients.
- Let it stand for 45 minutes or until the tapioca goes soft, stirring the mixture a few times.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Let the crust stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, then roll it out to a 15 inch circle.
- Put it in a 9 inch pie dish and trim the overhang, folding it underneath and crimping it.
- Freeze the piecrust for 20 minutes, then spoon the filling into it.
- Crumble the topping over the filling and bake the pie until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
- If the top browns too fast, you can cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- The pie should cook for about an hour.
- Let it cool on a wire rack for 3 hours.
- To make the peach gelatin sauce, bring the pureed peaches and water to a boil over a medium heat, then add the gelatin and stir for 30 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Cover and chill until thick.
- Serve each wedge of raspberry pie with a halved strawberry, some raspberry sauce, and some peach sauce.
This deliciously fruity raspberry pie recipe is made in stages. First, you make the piecrust, then the filling, then the crumb topping. The raspberry pie is served with a homemade peach gelatin sauce and raspberry sauce. This is an impressive looking raspberry pie and one of the most delicious raspberry pie recipes there is. Serve this after any type of dinner or at a party. Fruit pies are always popular and this one is an extra special raspberry pie recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10600 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9478 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8528 Views)