Sweet Washington Cherry Pie Recipe
Amazing Sweet Washington Cherry Pie Recipe
Are you looking for an amazing pie recipe that will just blow everyone away at the office party or bake sale? Look no further! Try my delicious Sweet Washington Cherry Pie Recipe today and you will be pleasantly delighted. Check out my easy to follow recipe video that I have posted below for tips on how to make the perfect Cherry Pie for your friends and family!
Cherry Pie Recipe
As popular as Canada Day is to Canadians and Independence Day is to North Americans the Cherry Pie is renowned for its American association. George Washington is often associated with cherries in reference to his cherry tree. In fact, his wife might have even made cherry pies for her family.
Regardless of where the cherry pie originated from or who was the first baker to make it stands to reason that Cherry Pie Recipes date back to Independence day and perhaps even sooner.
Washington the Man and Washington the State Will Forever be Linked to Cherries
A pie rich in history as well as in flavor is defiantly a pie you want to not only make for your own family, but also add to your recipe file. Sweet and tangy pitted cherries, white and brown sugar, cherry juice, flour, and butter melded together in a sweet simple pie crust awards you with a wonderfully luscious American Pie that is as American as the Fourth of July.
So make up a Sweet and tangy juicy Cherry Pie Recipe today and when you sink your teeth into a luscious cherry you might see fireworks as the juice from the cherry bursts in your mouth.
Which Fruit Pie Filling is Your Favorite?
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 chopped tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup bottled cherry juice
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 cups pitted fresh dark sweet cherries
- Pastry for a double-crust 9 inch pie
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the cherries with the cherry juice, almond extract, brown sugar, white sugar, and flour until the sugar has dissolved.
- Let the mixture stand while you prepare the pastry dough.
- Line a 9 inch pie dish with a pastry crust, and fill with the cherry filling.
- Sprinkle small chunks of butter over the filling.
- Top with the remaining crust, and crimp the edges to seal.
- Cut a few steam vents into the top crust with a sharp paring knife.
- Bake until the cherry filling is bubbling and thickened and the pie crust is browned
- This will take 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let the pie cool before serving.
Photo Credit: Cherry Pie Food Macro May 26, 20104 by stevendepolo, on Flickr
One Response to Sweet Washington Cherry Pie Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18617 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17626 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)