Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe
Are you looking for a great pie recipe to make for dessert after a wonderful dinner? Try my wonderful Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe tonight, it is definitely a crowd pleaser!
It’s so easy that anyone can make this without a problem. Perhaps you have never made an amazing apricot meringue pie recipe before, but have a go at this one and you are sure to be delighted with the results.
Apricot Meringue Pie
Have you ever wondered how your mother or grandmother managed to get those peaks on the meringue, or for hat fact how they got the egg whites so stiff? Well, when you make this Apricot Meringue Pie for your special event or family desert you will find out.
A deliciously sweet pastry starts the delectable sweetness of the Apricot Meringue Pie that is delightfully different from other recipes. For this slice of heaven you need dried apricots and water. Next sugar, cornstarch, salt and eggs-separated, butter, and cream of tartar. Mix according to following directions to create a yummy sweet Apricot Meringue Pie recipe that you will be proud to have made.
This Apricot Meringue Pie will become an all time favorite in your household and one that your family will ask for repeatedly through the years to come. In fact when you learn just how easy the meringue is to make you will want to make it many times yourself.
What Fruit Pie Filling do You Like Most?
- 1½ cups water
- 4 eggs
- 2½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 oz chopped dried apricots
- Baked 9 inch pastry shell
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bring the apricots and water to a boil in a pan, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the apricots are softened.
- Combine 2 cups of the sugar with the cornstarch and salt, then stir this into the apricot mixture and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and cook and stir for a minute or until thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir a small amount of the hot filling into egg yolks.
- Return all to pan, stirring all the time.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and cook stirring for a minute longer or until glossy and clear.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Keep this mixture warm.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar on a medium speed in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, at a high speed, until stiff glossy peaks form and the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the warm filling into the crust and spread the meringue evenly over the filling, sealing the edges to the crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days.
This apricot meringue pie is sure to put a smile on every face. The pastry, apricot filling and meringue topping form a trifecta of flavor, and every mouthful of this will be a delight. You can either prepare your own pastry shell or use a store-bought one, for convenience. The apricot mixture is perfectly sweet without being too sweet, and you might like to garnish the finished pie with some thinly sliced fresh apricot to add more color to the plate. Consider swapping the apricots for peach if you prefer. This is the kind of dessert which goes perfectly after any entrée or makes a lovely late afternoon snack.
Meringue Pie Doesn’t Just Have To Mean Lemons There Are Other Fruits Like Apricot That Go Well Too
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10601 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)