Fruity Summertime Cooler Gelatin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
This is an unusual gelatin dessert recipe but it is the perfect gelatin and cool whip pie recipe for a hot day. The resulting gelatin pie with graham cracker crust will be semi-set rather than solid, unlike some other gelatin recipes, and the lime, kiwi, and apricot flavors blend very nicely.
The buttermilk gives this cooler pie a creamy texture and it enriches the overall flavor. You can use a different flavor of preserves if you like and strawberries are also good, instead of kiwi fruit, or any fresh berries or fruits in season can be used to top this delicious summer cooler cool whip and gelatin pie recipe.
If you are a fan of fruity flavors, you will really enjoy this delicious gelatin pie with graham cracker crust recipe. The buttermilk and Cool Whip add a sumptuous texture. The tang of the lime gelatin is great with the extra sweet pineapple, kiwi, and apricots. Kiwi cannot be used in gelatin because an enzyme in it stops gelatin from setting, but it can be used to top a gelatin pie, like in the following recipe for kiwi and apricot gelatin pie.
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Small pack lime gelatin
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 kiwi fruits, sliced
- Empty the can of pineapple into a bowl with the juice.
- Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Add the buttermilk and stir well. Add the cool whip and stir again.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and top with kiwi slices.
- Heat the apricot preserves until they melt and brush them over the kiwi.
- Chill for 2 hours, and then serve.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32445 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)