Hot Peach Pie Recipe
Are you looking for a unique pie recipe to surprise everyone at the next family reunion? Try my amazing Hot Peach Pie Recipe today! It is so sweet and spicy it will blow your socks off! Watch my easy to follow recipe video that I have posted below for tips on how to make the perfect Hot Peach Pie for your friends and family today!
Peach Pie Recipe
For a down home taste of the Deep South with a slight twist to the traditional recipe you really must try this wonderfully unique and original Peach Pie Recipe. This pie is like none other you have tasted or will again, until your friends and family taste its wonderful unique flavors and asks for more with looks of pleasing surprise on their faces.
The two foods that folks like best in the South are infused into this wonderfully tasty and different Peach Pie Recipe. The sweetness of juicy peaches, sugar, butter, peach nectar and seeded, chopped habanera peppers create this awesome Peach Pie Recipe that is so sweet, and slightly tangy it will blow your mind!
You might wonder how a sweet and juicy Peach Pie Recipe that has seeded and chopped habanera peppers could be yummy but delicious it is indeed. So go ahead, surprise your family, surprise yourself, one bite and you will never wonder again as your taste buds experience an exploding taste of this heavenly Peach Pie Recipe.
What is Your Favorite Fruit Pie Filling?
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 3 seeded minced habanero peppers
- 10 peeled chopped fresh peaches
- 3 tablespoons ice-cold peach nectar
- Put the flour and the salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse briefly once or twice to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse 4 or 5 times, a few seconds per time, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With the machine running, drizzle the peach nectar into the dough, a tablespoon at a time, until the dough gathers itself into a crumbly mass.
- You might need less or more than in the recipe.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, shape it into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for half an hour to hydrate the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put 4 of the chopped peaches in the food processor, and pulse for a minute to puree.
- Add the minced habanero peppers a teaspoon at a time, and puree until smooth.
- Put the other 6 sliced peaches into a bowl, and toss lightly with the habanero puree.
- Combine ⅓ cup of the flour with the sugar and ¼ cup of softened unsalted butter until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- This is the streusel topping.
- Cut the dough in half, and roll each half into a 10 inch circle.
- Fit one dough circle into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Pour the peach-habanero filling into the bottom pie crust, and sprinkle with the streusel topping.
- Fit the top crust on to the pie, and crimp with a fork to seal the edges.
- Cut several slits into the top crust for venting the steam.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Photo Credit: Peach pie by Samdogs, on Flickr
Nothing Ushers In Summer Like Fresh Peaches And That Means Pie If You Love This Wonderful Fruit…
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10604 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)