Gelatin Strawberry Pie Recipe
This gelatin strawberry pie is easy to make yourself, no matter whether you have made pie before or not. You can use a store bought piecrust if you prefer but making your own is easy enough and it tastes better too. It does not matter if you have never made pastry before, because our easy pie pastry recipe shows you how to make delicious pie pastry with no problems.
You can use sliced, quartered, or even whole strawberries in this strawberry pie gelatin recipe, depending on personal preference and the size of the strawberries you are using. The gelatin holds the filling together and reinforces the delightful strawberry flavor. If strawberry pie gelatin and cream sounds like a tasty dessert, you are absolutely right. This pie has to be tasted so you know just how yummy it really is.
This is a wonderfully light pie recipe and goes beautifully after any meal. Pies are always popular and they are just as nice as a snack as a dessert. Strawberry pie can be served with Cool Whip and mint leaves or you might prefer some ice cream with it instead. This gelatin strawberry pie recipe tastes good which any accompaniments you like.
- 3 tablespoons water
- ? cup shortening
- 1 cup sifted flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lb strawberries
- ½ packet strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup 7Up
- Cool whip to garnish
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Sift the salt and flour into a bowl. Remove ¼ cup of the flour and blend to a paste. Cut the shortening into the rest of the flour until you have pea-sized pieces. Add the paste to the flour and mix with a fork until you can shape the dough into a ball.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, and then roll the piecrust out to ? inch thick, so it covers a 9-inch pan.
- Prick holes in the dough with a fork, heat the oven to 400 degrees F, and bake the piecrust for 10 minutes.
- Cook the 7Up, cornstarch, and sugar in pan until it reaches a boil and thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin powder. Let it cool while you slice the strawberries.
- Put the strawberries in the pie shell and pour the sauce over the top.
- Refrigerate for 2 or 3 hours or until it has set.
- Serve with cool whip and decorate with mint leaves.
This mouthwatering gelatin strawberry pie recipe tastes incredible. It looks pretty amazing too and is a colorful, appetizing way to end your dinner. Strawberry pie is just one of the many pie recipes you can make using gelatin. You might want to try raspberry pie, blackberry pie or cherry pie, using gelatin for flavor, color and to improve the pie consistency. This gelatin strawberry pie will definitely be a hit with the whole family because of its beautiful fresh flavor and because of the delicious gelatin used in the pie recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32448 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10609 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9810 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8538 Views)