Simple Strawberry Pie Gelatin Recipe
This delicious gelatin strawberry pie is made in a homemade pie crust but you can use a readymade pie crust or tart shell if you prefer. This strawberry pie gelatin recipe is very easy to make and the filling is simply a combination of strawberries and strawberry gelatin. You can serve slices of this strawberry gelatin pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
The recipe for the crust is very easy to follow and if you can make your own crust, it is always nicer than using readymade ones. If you serve a gelatin strawberry pie in a readymade pie some people might mistakenly believe the whole thing is store-bought. When you serve a delicious homemade pie crust filled with a wonderful fruity, fluffy gelatin dessert, nobody will have any doubt that you made it.
Although this strawberry pie gelatin recipe is very simple and the filling is only a mixture of strawberries and gelatin, the fresh strawberries give the pie such a wonderful flavor. Lots of strawberry gelatin recipes containing fresh strawberries are deliberately simple because using too many flavors or too many ingredients can overpower the beautiful fresh strawberry taste.
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- First, make the pastry shell.
- Combine the sugar, salt, and flour.
- Cut the butter into cubes and rub it into the flour mixture using your fingers.
- When the butter pieces are the size of small peas, freeze the pastry mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add half the ice water to the flour mixture, and then mix it with your fingers.
- Add the rest of the ice water and mix it again with your fingers.
- Form a ball. If it is very flaky, add a little water and mix again.
- Roll the pastry out on to a floured board and put it in a 9 inch tart pan.
- Freeze it for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and cover the pastry with aluminum foil.
- Poke a few holes in it with a fork.
- Bake for 8 minutes then take the aluminum foil out and bake for 8 minutes more or until the pastry is crispy and golden brown. Let it cool.
- Dissolve the gelatin powder in the boiling water, stirring until all the gelatin crystals dissolve. Add the ice and stir until it melts.
- Chill the gelatin until it is thick - this should take about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the halved strawberries and pour the mixture into the cooled pie crust.
- Chill for 3 hours or until firm.
This bright red pie looks very appetizing and anyone who loves fresh berries, especially plump, juicy strawberries, will enjoy sinking their teeth into a slice of this amazing gelatin strawberry pie. This is one of the most easy gelatin recipes to make and even simpler if you use a store-bought pastry crust or tart shell. Making your own pastry is not as difficult as you might think though and if you follow the directions in the recipe, it is difficult to get it wrong. This strawberry pie gelatin recipe is nutritious because of all the strawberries and if you use sugar free gelatin it is healthier still. Serve it with whipped cream or ice cream if you like.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10604 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)