Strawberry Vanilla Gelatin Pie in a Nut Crust
If you like strawberry gelatin and vanilla pudding, you can combine them with fresh strawberries to make the filling for this delicious cereal nut crust pie recipe. Corn Chex or Rice Chex are great for making a really crunchy, crispy pie crust, and the peanut butter and honey adds a luxurious flavor, as well as nutrients. This is an extra flavorful gelatin recipe.
The topping is a light, creamy combination of Cool Whip and cream cheese, which contrasts nicely with the other layers. This strawberry vanilla gelatin pie in a nut crust is a great dessert for the whole family. This vanilla pudding pie does not take long to make and it is quite easy too. It will need at least three hours of chilling, for the gelatin layer to set, but possibly more, so make it in plenty of time.
You can use a different flavor of gelatin if you like, and a different type of fruit. If you are using frozen berries instead of fresh ones, you have to allow them to thaw first because frozen berries retain a lot of liquid, which will make the gelatin layer too runny.
- 3 oz corn chex cereal (or rice chex)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, green bits removed
- 1 packet strawberry gelatin
- 1 packet vanilla pudding
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons cool whip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Crush the cereal in a blender and remove 2 teaspoons. Mix the peanut butter and honey into the crushed chex cereal.
- Flatten to cover the base of a baking dish.
- Cook the vanilla pudding in the water until it boils.
- Add the gelatin gradually, stirring well.
- Arrange the strawberries in the crust and pour over the gelatin mixture.
- Beat the topping ingredients together and spread over the pudding layer when it has set.
- Sprinkle the reserved 2 teaspoons of crushed cereal over the top.
- Chill and serve.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17608 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10597 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9800 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9477 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8526 Views)