Upside Down Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
This delicious strawberry cream cheese pie is a great dessert, no matter what the occasion. The nutty crust is topped with a pineapple flavor cream cheese layer, and then a layer of strawberry gelatin goes on top. These desserts are unmolded when they are set, so the crust is on the top, and the strawberry gelatin layer is on the bottom. Garnish the serving plate with fresh strawberry slices and you have a classic, elegant looking dessert.
The creamy layer has pineapple gelatin in it, to give it a good consistency and a fruity flavor. You can use lemon gelatin or lime gelatin or another light colored gelatin instead of the pineapple flavor if you like. Also, use an eight ounce container of Cool Whip if you prefer it to whipping cream. The end result will be the same.
This cream cheese pie is really easy to make. You can make it in a nine by eleven inch baking tin if you do not want to make individual desserts. For a more wholesome flavor, use whole wheat flour for the crust, or a mixture of whole wheat flour and white flour. The brown sugar gives it a nice, wholesome flavor too.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ stick butter
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ pint whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup hot water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 oz package pineapple gelatin
- For the gelatin Topping:
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 2 big strawberries, each cut into 4 slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the crust, cream the butter and add the flour to it. Stir in the walnuts and brown sugar.
- Mix everything together well and divide the mixture between 4 greased 3 inch wide ovenproof cups or molds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Dissolve the pineapple gelatin in the cup of hot water and set it to one side.
- Cream the sugar with the cream cheese and whip it until stiff.
- Add the whipping cream and mix well.
- Pour the gelatin into the cream cheese mixture and combine, and then pour this mixture over the crusts in the cups.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Dissolve the strawberry gelatin in the 1 ½ cups of hot water and leave it until thick.
- Pour the strawberry gelatin over the pineapple gelatin cream layer and chill the desserts until the gelatin is set. Unmold the gelatin desserts on to serving plates and garnish with the fresh strawberry slices.
This strawberry cream cheese pie is a mouthwatering combination of homemade crust, a pineapple flavored creamy layer and a strawberry gelatin topping. When you unmold these cream cheese strawberry pie desserts from the molds, you can serve them upside down with fresh strawberry slices as a garnish. If you like the sound of this cream cheese pie, you should definitely make it. This is one of our tastiest gelatin recipes and you can use any flavor of gelatin to make it. You can also make individual strawberry cream cheese pies or one big one, depending what kind of molds you have.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32444 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)