Vanilla and Strawberry Pie Gelatin Recipe
This wonderful raspberry, blueberry and strawberry pie gelatin recipe is so tasty and, because you are using fresh berries, it tastes heavenly. It is best to use fresh berries for this gelatin strawberry pie recipe but you can mix and match the berries, depending what is available. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, bilberries, redcurrants and loganberries all work well, so just get what you can.
The vanilla flavored gelatin mixture holds the berries in place and gives the pie an added flavor and a nice texture. The cornstarch thickens the gelatin mixture up. You can make a piecrust from scratch for this gelatin dessert recipe if you want to, but using refrigerated sheets of pastry is just as good because you are going to bake it yourself and you can make it look homemade.
This is one of the most flavorsome gelatin recipes and you can serve this strawberry pie gelatin recipe with your choice of ice cream or whipped cream. It makes a wonderful dessert after any kind of meal and if you are growing your own berries, this gelatin dessert recipe is a great way to use them and make something really special. Remember you have to chill the berries with some of the sugar (to draw out the juices and sweeten them) overnight, so start making this pie in plenty of time.
- 15 oz refrigerated piecrust
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- Toss the strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with ¼ cup of the sugar in a big bowl. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight, then drain off the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Fit the piecrust into a 9 inch pie dish, then fold the edges underneath and crimp them.
- Prick the sides and base with a fork and bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine the rest of the sugar with the cornstarch in a small pan, then whisk in the vanilla and water.
- Cook, whisking all the time, for about 7 minutes or until thick.
- Whisk the gelatin powder into the cornstarch mixture, and then spoon the berries into the cooled piecrust.
- Pour the warm glaze over the top, pressing it down well to make sure all the berries are coated in it.
- Chill for 3 hours, and then serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
The sight of fresh berries is always a welcome one and when those berries are combined with ingredients like strawberry gelatin, vanilla and a piecrust, the sight is even more welcome. This strawberry pie gelatin recipe is great as it is or with ice cream or whipped cream on the side. If you are looking for a gelatin summer pie recipe, this one is ideal. You can use a readymade piecrust if you do not want to fire up the oven or use pastry sheets if you do. This is a juicy, delicious gelatin strawberry pie, which the whole family will love.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)