All-American Strawberry Pie Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect pie to take to the bake sale at your daughter’s school or for the monthly pot-luck at church on Sunday? Look no further! Try my delicious All-American Strawberry Pie Recipe today! Watch my easy to follow recipe video that I have posted below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to make this delicious pie today!
Decadent Strawberry Pie
If you need a magnificent desert pie recipe you can take to your son’s bake off sale, a potluck or even a Fourth of July barbecue gathering why not try this scrumptious All-American Strawberry Pie Recipe.
A crispy sweet golden brown pie crust filled with a concoction of sweet milk, flour, vanilla, sugars, salt, egg-yolks, and rich creamy butter create a delightful and satisfying foundation for a pie that will remind you of the pies your grandmother made when you were a child.
Strawberries are packed full of vitamin C and help to protect your heart. Further, these little heart shape berries increase the good cholesterol in your body and help to lower blood pressure. Additionally, strawberries are high in fiber, and largely high levels of antioxidants are yet another benefit of these luscious little berries. Lastly, these antioxidants also prove to be cancer fighting.
With this Strawberry Pie Recipe you not only get a superbly delicious pie but you also enjoying that your family is getting extra nutrients they might not otherwise get.
Which is Your Favorite Fruit Pie Filling?
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 lightly beaten egg yolks
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ pints sliced fresh strawberries
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk
- ¾ cup white sugar
- Baked 9 inch pie shell
- Whipped cream to serve (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar together in a 3 quart pan, then add the milk and stir until smooth.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring often, until thick, then stir a little of the milk mixture into the egg yolks and add this to the pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring all the time, then take the pan off the heat and stir in the vanilla and butter.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then pour this mixture into the pie shell and chill for a few hours or until firm.
- Arrange the strawberries on top and serve, perhaps with some whipped cream on the side if you like.
Nobody can say no to a slice of strawberry pie, especially when the filling is lovingly homemade. This recipe shows you how to make the most delicious strawberry pie. Whether you enjoy this with milk, tea or coffee, the flavor is sure to bowl you over. You can use a premade 9-inch crust to save time, either a regular one or something with nuts if you like. Alternatively if you have your own favorite pie crust recipe you can use that instead. The vanilla in this recipe really pairs perfectly with the strawberry flavor.
Fun Baking Aprons
For the Not so Neat Cook
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10603 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)