Cool Whip Chocolate Mousse Pie with Nuts
If you love sweet desserts like frozen chocolate macadamia mousse pie, white chocolate mousse pie or Cool Whip chocolate mousse pie, you should enjoy this chocolate cake recipe with fresh fruit.
This chocolate mousse pie is a combination of chocolate pudding, chocolate, cream cheese, cream and fresh fruit. The sides of the cake are decorated with vanilla frosting and chopped nuts. You can make your own crust if you like but using a readymade Graham cracker crust is easier. If you are making your own, you can either just have a bottom crust or have a bottom and side crust.
This is a stripy chocolate mousse recipe and you can that effect by adding melted chocolate to some of the chocolate pudding mixture and cream cheese to the rest. This gives you two different flavors of filling, as well as a striped look. This chocolate mousse pie is a wonderful dessert. The chocolate flavor makes it sinful and the fruit makes it healthy, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds!
- 9 inch readymade graham pie crust
- 4 oz Cool Whip
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups cold milk
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding
- 10 squares semisweet chocolate, melted
- 12 strawberries
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 oz chopped mixed nuts
- Beat the pudding mixes and milk together until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Put ⅓ of this mixture in another bowl and add the melted chocolate to it.
- Add the cream cheese and half the vanilla extract to the other mixture.
- Spread half the chocolate mixture into the crust, and then spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Finish off with the rest of the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the sugar and egg whites together, and then add the butter and the rest of the vanilla extract.
- Mix well until the mixture is light and creamy, then spread it all over the sides of the cake.
- Press the chopped nuts into it.
- Peel and chop the kiwis and slice the strawberries.
- Arrange the fruit on top of the chocolate cake.
- Chill the cake for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Cut the bananas into slices and press them into the sides of the cake slices just before you serve it.
This chocolate mousse pie is certainly eye-catching! Featuring two different chocolate layers, frosting, nuts, and fresh fruit, this is a great looking dessert and a colorful one. Serve this chocolate mousse pie ice cold with some Cool Whip on the side. Not all dessert recipes with fruit are made with gelatin and this delicious Cool Whip chocolate mousse pie is a great example of how you can use instant pudding to make a delicious, fruity cake recipe. Do not add the bananas until you are ready to serve the cake, else they will turn brown.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)