Chocolate Cream Pie with Pistachio Pudding
This tasty chocolate cream pie is a combination of chocolate cake, two kinds of pudding and two kinds of frosting. If you want to make a delicious cake for a special occasion, this one looks and tastes very impressive. Flan pudding and pistachio pudding are combined with cream as well as milk, to make them extra thick, and then used to sandwich the cake layers together.
Since this is a three layer cake, it is easier to make it in three cake pans. If you have two cake pans, you can make one twice as full as the other, and then cut the resulting cake in half horizontally so you have three cake layers. If you only have one pan, cook the cake in that, and then carefully cut it into three layers when it is cool. A deep, thick cake will take longer to bake than a thin one.
This flan and pistachio pie makes a wonderful dessert and if you like recipes for pistachio pie, this one is well worth making because the chocolate goes so nicely with the pistachio flavor.
- 4 oz package instant flan pudding
- 4 oz package instant pistachio pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 18 oz package chocolate cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the cake mix with the oil, water, and eggs until everything is well combined.
- Grease and flour three 9 inch cake pans and divide the cake mixture between them.
- Bake the cakes for about an hour or until they are springy when you press the center.
- Let them cool for 15 minutes in the pans, then remove them and let them finish cooking on a wire rack.
- Whisk the flan pudding mix with half the milk and cream.
- Whisk the pistachio pudding mix with the remaining milk and cream.
- Chill the puddings for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Spread the pistachio pudding mixture over 1 of the cake layers, and then put another cake layer on top.
- Spread half the flan pudding over that layer, then add the final layer and cover it with the remaining flan pudding.
- To make the frosting, combine the cocoa, milk, sugar, and butter and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook it for 1 minute, and then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, then beat the mixture for 2 minutes or until it is spreadable. Spread it over the top and sides of the cake.
- To make the coffee cream, beat the sugar and egg white.
- Add the vanilla essence and coffee granules and mix well. If the mixture is too hard, add a little milk and beat it again.
- Transfer the coffee cream into a piping bag and pipe it around the outside edge of the cake.
You can tell just by looking at the photo that this chocolate cream pie is going to taste wonderful. Perhaps you have made other recipes for pistachio pie, which were simpler, but this recipe is well worth making because the pie is so good. This is quite a deep pie too, so you get lots of slices out of it. In fact, you can feel ten to twelve people with this pistachio and chocolate cream pie recipe. The two types of frosting add a decadent touch and the pistachio, flan, coffee and chocolate might sound like a surprising combination but these flavors are beautiful together. Try this pistachio cake recipe – you will not be disappointed.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49941 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32446 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10606 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)