Easy Lemon and Kiwi Pie
If you want to make something really delicious, what about this fluffy gelatin dessert kiwi pie? Kiwi pie is unusual and the creamy lemon-flavored filling is wonderful with the sweet, fruity kiwi topping. This is a very simple recipe to make and there is no baking involved. The pie crust is a light and tasty mixture of vanilla wafers and butter and the filling is lemon gelatin and whipped cream. The kiwi slices which make up the topping are laid over the pie overlapping so you cannot see the creamy layer underneath.
How wonderful that such special and flavorful gelatin recipes can be so easy. If you are new to making gelatin recipes, why not give this kiwi pie recipe a go? This is a wonderful tasting fluffy gelatin dessert, which is popular with adults and kids alike. It takes about fifteen minutes to make, then you just have to chill it for a few hours until the gelatin layer is set.
You can use any fruit you like. If you prefer to use sliced peaches rather than kiwis, go for it. Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, plums and mango all go well and you can either stick with one type of fruit or use a selection, to add color and to vary the flavor a bit. Bananas would taste good too but you need to slice them just before decorating the pie, else soak them in lemon juice, so they do not go brown.
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 2 cups ice cubes
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream
- 3 kiwis
- Peel and slice 2 of the kiwis and finely chop the other one.
- Combine the melted butter and vanilla wafer crumbs and press the mixture firmly over the base and up the sides of an 8 inch pie plate.
- Dissolve the lemon gelatin in the boiling water until it is totally dissolved, then stir in the ice. Keep stirring until the gelatin is thick, and then remove any ice, which did not melt.
- Add the whipped cream to the gelatin, and then stir in the finely chopped kiwi.
- Refrigerate the gelatin mixture until it is very thick, and then spoon it into the pie crust.
- Arrange the kiwi slices over the top, making sure they overlap, and chill the kiwi pie for 3 hours or until the gelatin layer is very firm.
This kiwi pie tastes every bit as good as it looks. The recipe for this fluffy gelatin dessert pie is very straightforward. The crust only has two ingredients and the filling is a simple mixture of gelatin and whipped cream. The fruit topping is healthy as well as delicious and this is one of the most easy gelatin recipes you will ever find. If you are a fan of pie, and who is not, then why not try making this kiwi pie as a treat for the family? Kiwi is a naturally sweet and juicy fruit and it goes perfectly with the rich, creamy, gelatin pie filling. This gelatin dessert recipe keeps well in the refrigerator for a day or two so make it in advance if that is easier.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32435 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17601 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10592 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9794 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9474 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)