Easy Lemon Meringue Pie with Gelatin
As with gelatin recipes like strawberry whip cream gelatin dessert, this lemon gelatin meringue pie recipe is an impressive one to serve. Of course you can buy lemon meringue pie from the store but nothing beats homemade lemon meringue pie recipes. In the following recipes, lemon gelatin is used to give a great texture to the lemon part of the pie and to add flavor as well.
For easy lemon meringue pie gelatin is a great ingredient because it adds to the color, flavor, and consistency without taking anything away. Lemon gelatin is delicious by itself but even nicer if you use it to make an easy recipe for lemon meringue pie. Once you have discovered how easy it is to make lemon meringue pie, you will never buy another readymade one again.
The gelatin in this recipe also helps the lemon meringue pie to hold its shape. You can garnish the finished lemon meringue pie slices with orange slices or mint leaves or simple serve it as it is. Watch it very carefully while it bakes. That is incredibly important. Just the tips of the meringue should be golden brown and meringue can change from golden brown to dark burnt brown in a matter of seconds, so beware!
- 8 or 9 inch pie crust, cooked
- 1 small pack lemon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ice cubes
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ½ cup ice cold lemonade concentrate
- 1 ⅔ cups lemon yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine the sugar and yogurt and set aside.
- Stir boiling water into the gelatin until it dissolves, then add the ice, stir in the lemonade concentrate and whisk in the yogurt using a wire whisk. Pour this liquid into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- For the meringue, put the egg whites and cream of tartar in a stand mixer bowl and beat with the whisk attachment until the egg whites are like soft peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar and keep beating until you have stiff peaks.
- This takes 1 or 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray an oven safe dish with non stick cooking spray and spread the meringue into it, sculpting it as you like.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until just the tops are brown, then slide the cooled meringue topping on to the lemon pie.
It is said that we eat with our eyes and, looking at this delicious lemon meringue pie gelatin recipe, it is easy to see why desserts like this makes our mouths water. No additional garnish is needed for this classic dessert recipe because it looks stunning as it is and is instantly recognizable as lemon meringue pie. The golden brown tips of meringue are delicate and sweet. Underneath you know there is a tangy lemon layer and a crunchy pie crust. This wonderful easy lemon meringue pie is simple to prepare and is one of the lightest, fluffiest, and most delectable gelatin dessert recipes ever.
Leave a Reply
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Home (31943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (29317 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (15125 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (11784 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (8080 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (7327 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (7050 Views)
- Fresh Strawberry Trifle Recipe with Red Wine (6712 Views)
- Slow Cooked Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe (6471 Views)
- Sweet Lemon Cupcake Recipe (6410 Views)