Frozen Strawberry Mousse Pie Recipe
This wonderful frozen pie is the ideal treat for hot summer afternoon, when the sun is shining, the breeze is warm and you want something deliciously sweet to help you cool down. Since this strawberry gelatin pie recipe is frozen rather than chilled, you do not need the crust to come up high and enclose the filling.
The crust for this frozen strawberry mousse pie recipe is thick and deep and the delicious strawberry mousse on top is made with strawberry puree, strawberry gelatin, and cream. The topping is a thin layer of chocolate and a spoonful of chilled strawberry mousse. This is an indulgent and delicious gelatin pie, which is simple to make and tastes gorgeous.
You can use any of the strawberry gelatin varieties to make this mousse dessert, including strawberry-banana, strawberry-kiwi, wild strawberry or strawberry margarita flavor. These gelatin flavors are all quite similar but slightly different too. For a change, use white chocolate for the topping on this frozen strawberry mousse pie recipe instead of milk chocolate. Because the chocolate layer is very fine, it will fracture when you cut into the pie, but this just adds to the appeal of this delicious and easy homemade pie recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons strawberry ice cream syrup
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- 10 squares semisweet chocolate
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 4 glace cherries, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and put an oven rack in the middle position.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch spring form pie dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Mix the remaining butter and sugar with the graham cracker crumbs with a fork, then press this mixture over the bottom of the pie dish.
- Bake the pie crust for 12 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Let it cool in the pie dish for 30 minutes.
- Spread the strawberry syrup over the cooled pie crust. Puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender.
- Stir the gelatin into the boiling water until it dissolves, then add enough ice to the cold water to make 1 cup.
- Pour the ice water into the gelatin mixture and stir until it thickens a bit.
- Discard any ice, which has not melted.
- Whisk in the cream and stir in the strawberry puree.
- Refrigerate this mixture until it is very thick, and then spoon all of it except 3 tablespoons on to the pie crust.
- Keep the leftover strawberry mousse in the refrigerator.
- Freeze the pie for 2 hours, and then remove the pie from the pie dish.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring it well every 30 seconds until it is smooth and liquid, then pour this mixture over the top of the frozen strawberry mousse pie and freeze it again for another hour.
- Decorate the pie with the remaining cream, half a glace cherry, and a bit of the chilled strawberry mousse and serve it immediately on chilled plates.
If you fancy something ice cold, fruity, refreshing and easy to make, this frozen strawberry mousse pie recipe ticks all the right boxes. This delicious pie is made with a layer of pie crust, a layer of strawberry syrup, a delicious fluffy mousse filling, and a chocolate topping. This slice of paradise is easy to create and strawberry gelatin is partly responsible for the wonderful texture. Fresh strawberries give this frozen strawberry mousse pie recipe a fresh flavor and they add to the appetizing pink color of the filling.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)