Banoffee Pie Recipe
Easy Banoffee Pie Recipe
Banoffee pie recipe is a fun British dessert that is easy on the eyes and palate. This sweet dessert is a combination of banana and toffee hence the name Banoffee pie recipe. This banana and toffee tasty dessert is a unique and tasty dessert you can bring with you to Holiday parties, picnics and potlucks.
Everyone loves this Banoffee pie recipe because it’s so different. Banoffee pie recipe is an English pastry dessert made with bananas, cream, toffee from boiled condensed milk either on a pie crust or crumbled biscuits and butter pastry base. Some variations of this Banoffee pie recipe are made with chocolate and/or coffee.
Banoffee Pie Recipe
For a tantalizing rich and creamy desert pie to go with your family’s dinner tonight why not make them some Banoffee. Rich homemade caramel, bananas, whipped cream, and sugar create the foundation for a little slice of heaven!
To make this wonderful British desert you will need a pie pan, pre-made refrigerator dough or you could make your own simple pie crust recipe, sweetened condensed milk, salt, brown sugar, bananas, and chilled heavy cream.
These ingredients along with the recipe directions below will make one Banoffee Pie Recipe so you might want to double all ingredients to make two pies or you might not get to taste your wonderful British desert creation!
Each slice of this heavenly Banoffee Pie Recipe has 396 calories of which 4.6g are protein, 43.1g carbohydrates, 22.7g fat, and 2.2g. fiber. A little higher in calories than you might prefer but then again an occasional indulgence is good for the soul! So put aside your calorie log just for e evening an immerse yourself in a decadently rich and creamy slice, or two of heavenly bliss!
What Kind of Pie do You Like Best?
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 21 oz (2 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 9 inch round of refrigerated pie dough
- 3 bananas
- 1½ cups chilled heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped nuts and/or chocolate candies or syrup, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425Â°F and put a rack in the center of the oven.
- Pour the condensed milk into a pie pan and stir in a big pinch of salt.
- Cover the pie plate with foil and curve the foil tightly around the rim.
- Put the pie plate in a roasting pan, then add enough boiling water to reach halfway up side of pie plate (the foil should be above the water level).
- Bake and keep adding water to the pan every 40 minutes or so (refill it to the same level you started with), until the milk is thick and a deep golden caramel color.
- The total baking time should be about 2 hours.
- Remove the pie plate from the water bath and transfer the toffee to a bowl, then chill the toffee for an hour uncovered, or until it is cold.
- Meanwhile clean the pie plate and bake the pie crust in it, according to the package instructions.
- Cool the pie crust in the pan on a rack then spread the toffee evenly in the cooled crust, and chill uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Cut the bananas into ¼ inch slices and pile them over toffee.
- Beat the cream with the brown sugar in a clean bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds soft peaks, then spoon this on top of the pie.
- You can sprinkle nuts over the top, add some chocolate candies or syrup, or garnish it in another way if you like.
If you are looking for a pie recipe that is not your average fruit or cream pie than Banoffee pie may just fill the bill. It is a blend of toffee and banana thus hence the name. You may like to give this a try it is a wonderful blend of light cream style pie with the treat of a creamy toffee flavored core that is accented with the bananas to give a delightful rich yet light pie treat. So many pies are one dimensional but this pie has allot of depth to it.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 02-14-16
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13831 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8544 Views)