Butterscotch and Chocolate Carmel Pie
This rich chocolate carmel pie is for chocolate lovers everywhere! The Oreo instant pudding and butterscotch instant pudding go together beautifully to make the pie filling and the nougat bars add a wonderful texture to this delicious chocolate carmel pie. This is an easy dessert to make and it does not require any baking. Lots of gelatin recipes are easy to make but a lot of people have only used gelatin and not really used instant puddings to make pie recipes.
You can use Cool Whip instead of the whipped cream if you like. Also, you might want to try making this butterscotch and chocolate carmel pie with different flavors of instant pudding. Chocolate instant pudding is a good one to use and you can experiment with coconut, flan, vanilla, or chocolate fudge flavors. You can use two different flavors of instant pudding or two packs of the same flavor. The Oreo flavor and butterscotch flavor called for in the recipe go together particularly nicely.
This delicious dessert serves ten people (or five if you are hungry!) and you can keep leftover chocolate carmel pie in the refrigerator. If you love chocolate, this delicious chocolate carmel pie will push all your buttons. It has everything a rich chocolate dessert should have – a soft, creamy, and chewy texture, a wonderful light creaminess and, of course, a delicious chocolate flavor.
- 1 package gelatin Oreo instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 package gelatin butterscotch instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 ½ cups plus 1 tablespoon cold milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz Oreo pie crust
- 5 cups whipped cream
- 2 chocolate, caramel and peanut nougat bars, 2 oz each
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Chocolate syrup, to serve
- Finely chop one of the candy bars and roughly chop the other.
- Mix the cream cheese with 1 tablespoon of the milk with a wire whisk.
- Add 1 ½ cups of the whipped cream and the finely chopped candy bar and mix well.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a bowl and add the chocolate pudding mix and the butterscotch pudding mix. Stir in the 2 cups of the whipped cream.
- Spread half of this mixture over the bottom of the pie crust, and then cover it with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the rest of the pudding mixture.
- Chill for 4 hours, and then top with the remaining candy bar pieces and the slivered almonds.
- Serve with rest of the whipped cream and the chocolate syrup.
This rich chocolate carmel pie is served on a bed of chocolate syrup and decorated with whipped cream, for a mouthwatering looking dessert, which tastes every bit as rich as it looks in the photo. The Oreo crust is crunchy and rich, the pie filling is a wonderful mixture of Oreo, and butterscotch instant pudding mixes, with cream cheese and whipped cream. The chocolate nougat bars add texture and flavor and this chocolate carmel pie is guaranteed to please your palate if you like rich and luxurious gelatin recipes.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)