Cherry Almond Cream Pie
This delicious cherry almond cream pie contains cherries, gelatin, vanilla ice cream, almonds and more. This creamy, fruity dessert is easy to make and, if you like creamy dessert recipes, you will love it.
Recipes like this cherry almond cream pie recipe are made much simpler by using gelatin. Gelatin is a great ingredient for holding a pie filling together and without the gelatin, the filling in this pie would be very messy and runny. If you are not keen on cherries, you can use strawberries instead and strawberry gelatin. Cherries are great with almonds though and those two ingredients are paired in many recipes from cherry and almond cakes to cherry and almond Danish pastry recipes.
Cherries are a fruit and therefore nutritious. If you are interested in making healthy pie recipes, substitute sugar free cherry gelatin for the cherry gelatin and that cuts out plenty of calories without any difference in the flavor of the finished pie. You can use low fat ice cream too, if you want, and leave out the powdered sugar. However, it is usually better to make the recipe the way it is and just cut your slice slightly smaller!
- 3 oz package black cherry gelatin or cherry gelatin
- 9 oz readymade pie crust
- 16 ½ oz can dark sweet pitted cherries, not drained
- 1 pint softened vanilla ice cream
- ⅔ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream, plus extra for garnish
- 6 fresh cherries, with stalks
- Drain the cherries and reserve the juice.
- Blot the cherries on a paper towel, and then add enough water to the cherry juice to get 1 ¼ cups of liquid.
- Microwave this liquid for a couple of minutes on "high" in the microwave, then stir in the cherry gelatin until it dissolves.
- Add the vanilla ice cream, stir the mixture well, and then chill it in the refrigerator until it is the consistency of egg white.
- This will take about 10 minutes.
- Fold in half the whipped cream, half the almonds, and all the cherries.
- Pour this mixture into the crust and chill it for about four hours, until firm.
- Garnish the pie with the remaining almonds and sprinkle the powdered sugar over the top.
- Cut the pie into 6 slices and serve a dollop of cream and a fresh cherry alongside each one
If you love fruit, nuts, cream, gelatin, ice cream, and everything else which is sweet, tasty and delicious, this cherry almond cream pie should tantalize your taste buds. Not only is this one of our easy gelatin recipes but it is a recipe that combines classic flavors for an exquisite result. Serve this cherry almond cream pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with whipped cream and a fresh cherry, like in the photo, and you have the perfect late afternoon snack or after-dinner dessert. Both savory and sweet pies can be comfort foods and this delicious creamy gelatin pie recipe features plenty of flavor and a great texture too, thanks to the cherry gelatin.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32426 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18608 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17599 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13817 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10585 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9786 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9022 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8510 Views)