Cream Pie Recipe with Vanilla and Peanuts
This is a very moist peanut cream pie – more so than a lot of other cream pies. It contains vanilla pudding, peanuts, egg, evaporated milk and more, for a richly flavored and creamy finish. You could use a different type of nut if you wanted to, or combine the peanuts with pecans or hazelnuts. Almonds would work too, as would walnuts. Just use whichever nut you like best.
The maple syrup and chocolate syrup give this cream pie a rich flavor. The creamy filling as well as the whipped cream topping is what makes it a cream pie. Use authentic maple syrup if you can get it. Imitation maple syrup has a very artificial flavor. You could use a different ice cream syrup if you wanted. Caramel or fudge would go nicely with this peanut cream pie recipe.
This cream pie surprise recipe contains corn syrup, which is a syrup made from cornstarch. Corn syrup is sweet and mainly made from glucose. It acts as a sweetener and a thickener. It also has humectant properties, which means it is moisture-retaining and keeps foods fresh and moist.
- 3 ¼ oz package vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 2 cups chopped peanuts
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chocolate ice cream syrup
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 8 inch pie shell
- 1 chopped peanut candy bar
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Combine the evaporated milk with the pudding, then whisk in the egg and corn syrup.
- Add half the peanuts, and then pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top starts to crack.
- Let the pie cool down completely, then chill it in the refrigerator for 2 hours so it sets well and also to ensure it is well chilled throughout.
- Chop the peanut candy bar.
- Mix the rest of the peanuts with the chopped candy bar, the maple syrup, and half the chocolate syrup and spread this mixture over the top of the pie, keeping away from the outside edge.
- When you are ready to serve the cream pie, decorate the outer edge with whipped cream and drizzle the remaining chocolate syrup over it.
- Cut the pie into wedges and serve it right away.
You can see from the photo how rich and decadent this cream pie is. Like with a lot of other pie recipes, this peanut cream pie has a moist and rich interior and a great texture. This is a baked cream pie, unlike some other cream pies, and it is flavored with nuts, maple syrup, chocolate syrup and more, for an indulgent and delicious flavor. The eggs and corn syrup especially help with the moistness and richness of flavor. This pie is nice served very cold, so you will need to leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to make sure it gets that way. Serve this rich peanut cream pie with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate for a delicious treat. This cream pie is a definite comfort food and both adults and kids will love it.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32434 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17601 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13823 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10590 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9792 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9473 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9026 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8520 Views)