Dark Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe with Hot Chocolate Sauce
To make a dark chocolate pudding and pie filling, you simply need to add some dark chocolate to chocolate pudding. The following dark chocolate pie also contains walnuts, eggs, vanilla and more, for a sumptuous and mouthwatering result. You can use pecans instead of the walnuts if you want to.
Serve this dark chocolate cream pie recipe alone or, as the recipe suggests, with some sorbet and fresh fruit slices to contrast with the richness of the dark chocolate. It is best to serve the chocolate sauce hot, so try to have everything else ready when the sauce is ready. The sorbet will begin to melt as soon as you put it on top of the sauce but the two melt into each other and taste wonderful together so that’s no problem.
This dark chocolate pie is a chocoholic’s dream and it is surprisingly easy to make too. The different flavors and textures give a nice contrast and the hot sauce is equally amazing with the cold sorbet. Vanilla ice cream is also delicious with this dark chocolate cream pie recipe, if you do not have sorbet. In fact, chocolate and vanilla are used together in lots of different recipes and the chocolate pie contains a touch of vanilla too.
- ½ stick plus 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 squares dark chocolate
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 2 packages chocolate instant pudding
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
- 8 scoops raspberry sorbet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave 4 of the dark chocolate squares with ½ stick of the butter for a couple of minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate melts into the butter completely.
- Add the eggs, ¾ cup of the sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the walnuts and flour.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 9 inch spring form pie dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the pudding mixes with the milk and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes, then spread it over the pie.
- Put the rest of the dark chocolate in a heavy pan with the water and cook over a low heat until the chocolate melts.
- Add the rest of the sugar and keep cooking until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the butter and the rest of the vanilla.
- Carefully remove the pie from the spring form pan and cut it into wedges.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the top and serve with the sliced fruit and sorbet. Serve with a sprig of mint.
This mouthwatering dark chocolate cream pie recipe is served with hot chocolate sauce and cool raspberry sorbet. The fresh fruits and mint on the side add a vibrant color and a wonderful contrasting flavor. If you like gelatin recipes with chocolate, this recipe is one that you must try. This dark chocolate pudding and pie filling dessert has a cake bottom rather than a pastry crust, which makes a change from other pie recipes. This is a wonderfully indulgent chocolate pudding recipe, which the whole family will love.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32445 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)