Green Lemon Mousse with Mint
Not many people know that lemons are naturally green. Even ripe lemons can be green. They only turn yellow when they are grown in a hot climate and left on the tree to ripen fully. The green lemon in the following recipe is just used for garnish because it matches the striking green color of the mousse pie.
Some of the green color comes from crème de menthe, which is a mint liqueur, and the rest from green food coloring. You can leave the food coloring out if you are not bothered about the bright green look. You can add a little crème de cacao instead of, or as well as, the mint liqueur if you want.
Chill the mousse before you add the Cool Whip. It is ready for the cool whip when a spoon trailed through the mixture leaves a definite trail. If you enjoy mousse recipes, this lemon mousse recipe is ideal. Not only is green lemon mousse easy to make but this recipe is extra special and suitable for any occasion. The crème de menthe in the mousse and the fresh mint garnish add a refreshing mint flavor to the tangy lemon flavor.
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons crème de menthe
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (6 oz)
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Few drops of green food coloring
- ½ green lemon, sliced
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Stir the gelatin into the boiling water until it dissolves, then add the cold water and the crème de menthe.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Chill for an hour and a half, and then stir in the whipped topping.
- Spoon the mousse into the pie crust and chill it overnight or for at least 3 hours, then garnish with slices of green lemon and garnish each slice with a sprig of mint.
Lemon is a popular flavor when it comes to dessert recipes and, as you can see from this photo, you can make some really spectacular looking desserts with lemon, such as this lemon mousse recipe. This lemon mousse is made with lemon gelatin, cream and mint liqueur, and it is light, airy, and full of flavor. You can use yellow lemon if you cannot find green lemon. A slice of lime for the garnish would also be fine. This is one of our most easy gelatin recipes and, if you have all the ingredients, you will find this delicious lemon mousse simple to create.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32444 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9033 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)