Peach Sour Cream Pie with Instant Vanilla Pudding
This delicious sour cream pie with instant vanilla pudding has a homemade cinnamon and pecan crust. If you usually use store-bought graham cracker crusts, why not have a go at making your own? This piecrust is made with graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and pecans. If you do not want to use nuts, simply omit them from the recipe and increase the amount of graham cracker crumbs to two cups. Homemade piecrusts are usually a bit softer than the readymade ones but fresher tasting and you can add any spices or flavorings you like. The cinnamon in this piecrust works nicely with the cinnamon-sprinkled peaches decorating the top.
Maybe you have had a fresh raspberry pie or a raspberry cream pie before. Berries are wonderful on pies too, especially fresh berries. If you are using instant pudding, you will find that making homemade pies is especially quick and easy. A lot of dessert recipes take time to set but you can make instant pudding in a few minutes, which is why it is called instant pudding. The piecrust is quick and easy to make. If you make the instant pudding while the piecrust bakes, this whole recipe should not take more than thirty minutes to make. This includes the time for the piecrust to cool down.
Creamy pudding pies are delicious with crumb crusts and a layer of peaches, berries, or another fruit on top finishes these pies off perfectly. The sour cream in this peach pie recipe adds a delicious tang. If you are using pudding to make pies, it is sometimes a good idea to make it the day before, so it has plenty of time to set and chill properly. This is not necessary if you are using an instant pudding, like in this vanilla pie recipe.
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3 ½ oz each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 big can peach slices, drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, pecans and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- Press this mixture up the sides and over the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate, and then bake it for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the vanilla instant pudding, sour cream and milk until it is creamy and thick.
- Spoon this mixture into the cooled piecrust and chill the pie until it is firm.
- Decorate the top with peach slices and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon over the peaches.
This mouthwatering pie is easy to make, even though the crust is homemade too. If you are in a rush you could use a readymade graham cracker piecrust but making it yourself is very simple, since it is just a matter of combining the ingredients, pressing them into a pie plate, and baking the crust. The vanilla pudding layer is easy to make and the peaches are a wonderfully sweet and juicy topping. Make sure they are very well drained before using them, else they can make the vanilla pudding layer soggy.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)