Rich and Gooey Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
This chocolate cream pie is simple to make and it really does taste like a slice of heaven. The macadamia and vanilla pie crust is light and aromatic, which is a great contrast with the rich and indulgent creamy chocolate filling. If you prefer to use a store-bought pie crust for this chocolate cream pie recipe, or make a graham cracker crust, you can do that instead. Sometimes it is nice to have a rich and full flavored pie crust when you have a rich filling but you can also have a subtle flavored pie crust, like with this chocolate cream pie recipe, and a rich filling.
You might have tried chocolate cream cheese pie in a restaurant but making your own chocolate cream pie is so simple and everyone is guaranteed to love this one. You can use chocolate instant pudding or chocolate fudge instant pudding, for a fudge flavor. Devil’s food instant pudding is another tasty option. The great thing about a lot of gelatin recipes is that you can easily substitute flavors and still end up with a great gelatin recipe. That applies to puddings and pies as well as gelatin-based desserts. What about using white chocolate instant pudding for a white chocolate cream pie?
The cream and cherry on top of each slice is a simple yet delicious garnish and finishes the pie off very nicely. You can also drizzle some chocolate syrup over the pie before you serve it, if you want. This chocolate cream pie is refreshingly easy to make and it is so good that one slice probably will not be enough!
- 3 cups finely crumbled vanilla wafers
- 6 fl oz melted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped macadamia nuts or walnuts
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups cold milk
- 2 packages chocolate instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 6 oz Cool Whip
- 8 glace cherries, with stalks
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the wafer crumbs, sugar, nuts and butter together and press the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate, both on the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake it for 8 minutes or until golden brown, and then let it cool.
- Combine the chocolate instant pudding mix with the milk and ? of the Cool Whip, and then beat it for 2 minutes with a wire whisk.
- Spread the chocolate mixture inside the cooled crust and chill it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Decorate each slice of pie with a dollop of Cool Whip and a glace cherry.
- Garnish the cream with a few chocolate sprinkles, if you like.
If you like chocolate, you will love this rich and velvety chocolate cream pie. The crust is flavored with nuts and vanilla and the chocolate pie filling is a combination of chocolate instant pudding, milk, and cream. If you want to make it more luxurious, you can replace a couple of tablespoons of the milk in the pie filling with either Kahlua or Tia Maria. This chocolate cream pie makes a delicious dessert after any type of meal and it definitely tastes every bit as good as it looks in the photo.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32436 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17601 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10592 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9795 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9474 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)