Six Layer Mississippi Mud Pie with Strawberry Mousse
Chocolate is indulgent and rich. Strawberries are sweet and fruity. If you simply cannot decide whether to make a strawberry recipe or a chocolate recipe, what about a compromise? There are several pie recipes combining both strawberry and chocolate, which are great for the times you simply cannot decide which one to choose. Layered dessert recipes are not just for gelatin. You can layer puddings too, for a stripy effect and to mix the flavors up.
The following Mississippi mud pie recipe combines both chocolate and strawberry pudding with a chocolate piecrust and chocolate flavored condensed milk. Some crunchy pecans finish this delicious Mississippi mud pie recipe off nicely. This is a dessert, which will be popular with the kids and also with adults because of the sweet flavor and the combination of soft layers and crunchy bits.
The gooey layers will all melt into one another but the piecrust contains them, so do not be surprised if the chocolate or strawberry pudding layers get a bit messy when you serve this mud pie recipe. It will still taste great. You might like to freeze it for an hour before serving it, for a slightly firmer texture.
- 6 squares semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 oz Oreo pie crust
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 package strawberry instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Divide the cold milk between two bowls and sprinkle the chocolate instant pudding into one and the strawberry instant pudding into the other.
- Beat each mixture with a wire whisk for a couple of minutes.
- Add half the Cool Whip to each pudding mixture and whisk again.
- You will have a very thick chocolate pudding and a very thick strawberry pudding.
- Combine the condensed milk with the melted chocolate and pour half of it into the piecrust.
- Sprinkle half the pecans over it.
- Spoon half the chocolate pudding mixture over the top, then pour the rest of the condensed milk mixture over the top of that.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon all the strawberry pudding over the top, then pour the rest of the chocolate and condensed milk mixture over it, followed by the rest of the chocolate pudding and the remaining pecans.
- Let the pie set overnight in the refrigerator.
Chocolate covered strawberries are popular because chocolate and strawberry taste so nice together. That is just one reason why this six-layer Mississippi mud pie recipe is so special. If you like chocolate pudding and strawberry pudding, put them together in a chocolate piecrust with some other ingredients and this wonderful mud pie is the result. This is a luxurious and delectable dessert recipe and you can serve it chilled or frozen. Feel free to experiment with other pudding flavors too. Butterscotch pudding and chocolate pudding are beautiful together too.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10603 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8535 Views)