Spiced Sour Cream Pie with Instant Vanilla Pudding
This mouthwatering fluffy dessert is spiced with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. It is an unusual dessert because the vanilla pudding is paired with pumpkin spice pudding. This goes really well with the spices and makes an ideal pudding for fall or winter. Pumpkin spice pudding mix is not available all year round so if you cannot get it you can use egg custard pudding mix instead, or simply use two packages of vanilla instant pudding mix. The color of the filling will be slightly different, depending which flavor of pudding mix you opt for but do not worry about that because the dessert will look (and taste) amazing anyway.
This sour cream pie with instant vanilla pudding is best served the day you make it although it will keep for up to a couple of days in the refrigerator. If you are going to store it in the refrigerator, cover it so it does not dry out or go crispy on top. Dried out peaches are not very nice! Decorate the cake just before serving, for the best results.
This fancy fluffy dessert is ideal for any occasion and kids love it as well as adults. The combination of the smooth, creamy filling, slippery peach slices and crunchy crust makes a really mouthwatering dessert. This dessert recipe might be easy to prepare but do not underestimate its incredible flavor, especially with the spices adding a lively kick to the overall flavor.
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 large can peach slices, drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 package pumpkin spice or egg custard instant pudding mix
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the nutmeg, cloves, butter, sugar, graham cracker crumbs and half the cinnamon and press this mixture on the base and sides of 9 inch pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the pumpkins spice or egg custard pudding and the vanilla pudding with the milk and sour cream until the mixture is creamy and thick.
- Spoon this over the cooled crust and chill the pie until the top is firm.
- Use the drained peach slices to decorate the pie and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon on top.
- Cut into wedges and serve right away.
This picture shows how smooth and creamy the sour cream pie with instant vanilla pudding is. The sour cream stops it from being too sweet, as well as making it creamier. The tang of the sour cream contrasts really well with the sweetness of the fruit. You can alter the amount of spices if you like because not everyone likes spiced desserts. If that is the case, just use the cinnamon and forget the nutmeg and cloves, or use less of them. You could use fresh peach slices if you wanted to but canned peach slices are easier. If you go for fresh peach, make sure it is really ripe.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49941 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32446 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10606 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)