Triple Layer Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
If your idea of heaven is a triple layer chocolate-rich pie, you are going to love this chocolate peanut butter pie recipe. The crust is made from chocolate and wafer cookies and a layer of chocolate pudding tops that. Next is a delicious peanut butter, cream, vanilla, and chocolate chip layer, and finally a hot fudge layer with cream and chocolate candies. Doesn’t that make your mouth water!
This pie needs to be made in stages and allowed to set between each stage. You can make the chocolate layer while the pastry crust bakes but then you need to leave it to set while you make the third layer. You can cover this pie and chill it overnight, then serve it chilled or slightly colder than room temperature.
This chocolate peanut butter cream pie is wonderful if you are celebrating a special occasion. It makes a lovely birthday cake for somebody who adores chocolate and they will love such a tasty handmade pie. You can make this chocolate peanut butter recipe for a dinner party too, if you want to make sure your guests are happy. Nobody could fail to be impressed with such a delicious dessert.
- 8 oz chocolate wafer cookies, finely ground to make 2 cups
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ stick butter, chopped
- For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping
- Chocolate candies and whipped cream, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the chocolate and butter to make the crust, and microwave the mixture until the chocolate melts, stirring every 15 or 20 seconds.
- Add the cookie crumbs and mix well.
- Press the mixture over the base of a 9 inch spring form pan and up the side.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Remove it from the pan.
- To make the chocolate layer, combine the dry pudding mix with the milk and beat them together for a couple of minutes with a wire whisk.
- Stir in the cream and spoon this mixture into the crust.
- Chill for an hour or until set.
- To make the peanut butter layer, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and sugar with an electric beater until it is well combined.
- Whip the cream in another bowl, and then fold ? of it into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in the rest of the whipped cream and the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the filling on top of the chocolate layer and level the surface.
- Sprinkle the salt lightly over the top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Heat the hot fudge topping according to the instructions on the bottle and spread it over the top of the pie.
- Top with some chocolate candies and whipped cream.
This photo is proof that you can make rich, luxuriant desserts with gelatin, as well as fruity gelatinous ones. Chocolate pudding is used to make the chocolate layer between the peanut butter layer and the chocolate crust. This recipe serves eight people but it is so rich that you might want to give everyone a thin slice rather than a huge one, in which case it is plenty for ten people. Every layer of this multi-layer chocolate peanut butter pie is gorgeous and every part of this pie is homemade. This is one of the most delicious gelatin recipes.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9033 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)