Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe with Chocolate Fudge Sauce
This delicious dessert is best made with day-old bread, rather than fresh bread. You can use older bread than that if you want. Stale bread is the reason bread puddings were invented, after all! The ingredients are really delicious and the combination of vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and more give the caramel bread pudding a really great taste. The caramel flavor comes from the brown sugar and milk. Traditionally caramel is made with butter, sugar, and milk.
You can either make this dessert in one big pan or you can use individual dessert ramekins. If you use a big pan, it might have a slightly longer cooking time but that depends on your oven as well as other things. Maybe you have tried a coconut bread pudding with caramel sauce recipe before, or a caramel apple bread pudding or a caramel bread pudding with rum. If you want to add another flavor to this, such as coconut or rum, simply mix it into the egg mixture before pouring it over the bread.
The chocolate fudge sauce is made with chocolate fudge flavor instant pudding and milk. This is such a simple way to make a dessert and it tastes really nice. Did you know you can also make gelatin drinks using gelatin or pudding mixes? Add more milk for a thinner sauce or leave some out for a thicker one. The sauce does not need to be frothy like pudding or mousse, so just beat the pudding mix into the milk until it is incorporated.
- 6 slices bread, in ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package chocolate fudge instant pudding
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Halved fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Put the bread in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar and hot water, then pour the mixture over the bread.
- Combine the warm milk with the cinnamon, eggs, white sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and pour this over the bread.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Whisk the pudding mix and cold milk together to make the sauce.
- Unmold the bread pudding and serve it with the chocolate fudge sauce and the strawberries and whipped cream.
This caramel pudding has an amazing flavor and the chocolate fudge sauce over the top is brilliant too. Adding fresh strawberries is a touch of genius because the fresh fruit contrasts so well with the other flavors and textures and also adds a splash of color. You can see by looking at the picture how appetizing this caramel bread pudding recipe is and you can see from the recipe how simple it is to put together. This is a dessert recipe that will appeal to the whole family and it is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party or a special meal when you want to cook something extra special.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)