Homemade Bread Pudding
IF you’re looking for a great desert to compliment the amazing meal you just cooked, try this great Homemade Bread Pudding. Almost everyone loves this Homemade Bread Pudding recipe and it’s easy to make with cheap ingredients. Now you can have all the comfort of some southern bread pudding with this easy homemade recipe that is sure to make your mouth water.
Homemade Bread Pudding
If you are trying to find the perfect desert for that family dinner that will feed a good sized crowd you will love this. It is so easy to make you can whip up this crowd pleasing homemade bread pudding in just a few minutes. So delicious and moist everyone from the youngest to the eldest in your family will devour this and want more.
Creamy sweet custard sauce and plump juicy raisins baked into the layered bread makes a comfort food desert like no other. You can make this as simple as you like or even dress it up with a delectable maple rum sauce.
Absolutely divine is the end result with this wonderful southern comfort desert.
To make it a bit more dressed up serve the homemade bread pudding in individual custard cups topped with a dollop of fresh sweet whipped cream, and a few rum soaked raisins spooned on top of the whipped cream.
Beautiful, simple and just perfect!
Have You Ever Had Bread Pudding?
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1⅔ cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 chopped bread slices
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Put the milk with the water in a pan and scald it.
- Beat the eggs until light, then add the sugar, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Add this to the milk mixture.
- Arrange half the bread over the bottom of a casserole dish, sprinkle with half of the raisins, add the remaining bread and raisins and finally pour the custard mixture over all.
- Set in a pan of water and bake at 350 degrees F until the custard is firm and an inserted knife comes out clean.
Photo Credit: bread pudding by Dave Bonta, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)