Tiramisu with Pound Cake and Mascarpone
This tasty homemade tiramisu bread pudding recipe is made with pound cake rather than bread to give it a sweeter flavor and denser texture. Tiramisu can also be made with cookies or ladyfingers and some recipes call for these to be soaked in liqueur. You can use a nine inch spring-form pan or a loose-bottomed cake pan instead of individual serving glasses if you want, to make this delicious and fluffy gelatin dessert.
The pound cake in this recipe is topped with a rum, espresso, egg, cream cheese, and lemon mixture and then cocoa powder goes on top. Perhaps you have tried a tiramisu made with cream cheese and pudding recipe before but this one is made with gelatin instead of pudding and the gelatin is to improve the consistency and stop the tiramisu being too runny.
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert featuring coffee and, if you enjoy coffee-flavored desserts, you will love our extra special tiramisu recipe. The cream and egg yolks make it luxurious and the espresso gives it a real Italian flavor. The rum is optional but it does add a decadent touch. You could switch this for a different liqueur if you want to. Just use your judgment and find something that suits the overall flavor. Alcohol is not compulsory but it does add a nice touch and you can use it to soak the pound cake pieces rather than in the mascarpone mixture if you want to. Try amaretto for an unusual yet delicious taste.
- 1 pound cake
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 4 tablespoons rum
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 4 yolks
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 ½ cups mascarpone
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Cut the cake into pieces and divide them between 8 serving glasses.
- Beat the mascarpone, rum, lemon peel, egg yolk, and sugar.
- Beat the cream in another bowl until it is stiff.
- Put the gelatin in the water and heat it in a pan until it dissolves. Stir in the espresso granules.
- Let the mixture cool a little, and then beat it into the mascarpone mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour half of this into the serving glasses and sprinkle two teaspoons of the cocoa on top.
- Spoon the remaining mixture on top and sprinkle over the rest of the cocoa powder.
- Chill for 2 hours to let the flavors combine, and then serve.
These individual tiramisu desserts wrap up any meal in style, whether you are entertaining guests at a dinner party or you just want to impress your family with your dessert-making abilities. Perhaps you have tasted a wonderful tiramisu bread pudding recipe or a tiramisu made with cream cheese and pudding at a restaurant. Now you can create your own easy tiramisu recipe. The flavors of cocoa, pound cake, cream cheese, espresso and more combine to make this typical and well loved Italian dessert and you can see from the photo how appetizing they are.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17612 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10601 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)