Creamy Banana Pastries with Pudding
This delicious dessert is made with white chocolate pudding, banana pudding, cream, chocolate and more. The recipe is easy to follow and the resulting pastries are gorgeous. You can prepare it up to a day in advance, which is a real timesaver if you are preparing a lot of food at once for a buffet or party. The banana pudding makes a delicious creamy layer in these pastries with pudding, as does the white chocolate layer. The crust is crunchy and vanilla flavored and the chocolate layer on top is divine. This is a dessert-lover’s dream because it is perfect in every way!
If you have a particularly sweet tooth, you can use semisweet chocolate instead of bittersweet but the bittersweet chocolate does provide a nice contrast to the very sweet mousse-like filling, so it is your choice. Why not use half of one and half of the other if you are not sure?
A lot of people seem to be unaware just how many pudding recipes there are, which are made with pudding. Basic pudding is made by whisking pudding mix with a couple of cups of milk and leaving it for a few minutes, but you can make so many different recipes with it, such as gelatin mousse, gelatin cheesecake and even these delicious banana cream pastries with pudding which everyone will go crazy for.
- 2 cups fine vanilla wafer crumbs
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 package banana cream instant pudding
- 1 package white chocolate instant pudding
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 7 fl oz milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, melted butter and wafer crumbs.
- Press this mixture over the base of a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine half the cream and half the milk with the banana cream pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Spread the mixture over the crust.
- Combine the remaining milk and cream with the white chocolate pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Spread this mixture over the banana cream layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, then take it off the heat and pour it over the dessert.
- Let it set. Cut these banana pastries with pudding into squares to serve.
As you can see from the photo, this is a sophisticated looking dessert. The layers look wonderful and these stylish pastries with pudding would make a great treat after any kind of entree. They are also great served in the afternoon with a cup of coffee, or you can enjoy these sweet snacks whenever you like. This recipe keeps well in the refrigerator for a day or so, so you do not need to use it all up immediately. You will love the combination of two kinds of chocolate, banana cream and vanilla cookie base in this wonderful fluffy gelatin dessert. It is a harmony of colors, flavors, and textures.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17612 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10601 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)