Hot Chocolate Pudding Cake with Black Cherry Sauce
This unusual dessert blends the flavors of chocolate and black cherries. If you really do not like black cherries, you can omit the sauce. The cupcakes are made with vanilla, chocolate, two kinds of sugar, buttermilk and more. The quickest way to melt the chocolate is to use the microwave. Begin with twenty seconds, and then stir the mixture. Give the chocolate another ten seconds and stir. Repeat if necessary. Take care when doing this because chocolate scorches easily and this ruins its flavor.
The resulting cupcakes will be light, airy, and really flavorful. The chocolate pudding is made with cream, to make it extra thick. The cupcakes are stuffed with the chocolate pudding, which is something that will delight both adults and kids.
If you prefer, you can make one big cake instead of making individual cupcakes. The cooking time might be longer but everything else will be the same. Then you just cut into the cake and serve it in wedges, ensuring everyone gets some of the pudding and some of the black cherry sauce. If you fancy a hot chocolate pudding cake, you can serve the cake hot instead of letting it cool down.
- 1 stick softened butter
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 ½ oz melted unsweetened baking chocolate
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 3 ¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups de-stoned black cherries
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the white sugar and brown sugar with the butter, using an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the vanilla and chocolate and combine well.
- Stir in the baking soda and flour.
- Gradually add the buttermilk and combine well.
- Fill 12 muffin cups ¾ full with the batter and bake for about 22 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes in the muffin cups.
- Remove them from the cups and let them finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Whisk the chocolate pudding mix with the cream and milk.
- Cut a cone shape out of the top of each cake and cut the point off.
- Tunnel out some more of the inside of the cake.
- You can eat this or save it for another dessert.
- Fill each cake with pudding and replace the tops.
- Heat the sugar, black cherries, and 3 cups of the water in a heavy pan over a low flame until the cherries are soft.
- Mix the remaining water with the corn flour and stir this into the cherry mixture.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring all the time, and cook until the sauce is thick.
- Serve the black cherry sauce with the cupcakes.
Hot chocolate pudding cake is a definite comfort food and this recipe is a great one to try if you are a fan of chocolate desserts. The cupcakes are stuffed with a delectable chocolate pudding mixture and the black cherry sauce served on the side is amazing too. Whether you choose to make individual cupcakes or one big cake, there is no doubt that stuffing the cake with pudding adds another texture and flavor element to this mouthwatering dessert. The cakes will smell amazing while they cook and one serving will not be enough for anybody; you will fall in love with this dessert after one bite.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10600 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9479 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9029 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)