Lemon and Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
This layer gelatin cake is not difficult to make and it looks impressive because of the different layers. A simple combination of graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter is used to make both the topping and base for this lemon and chocolate pudding cake. It is easier to make the top and the crust in two stages, else the butter mixture will have set again by the time it is time to put the topping on, so just have the right amount of butter ready and melt it when it’s time.
The stripes look good on this dessert. If you do not want to use yellow food coloring, you can boil some lemon peels to get a natural yellow dye. The stripe is completely optional and you do not have to make this fluffy gelatin dessert two-tone if you do not want to.
The glossy layer of chocolate on top makes this dessert extra special and gives it a sophisticated look, as well as complementing the overall taste. You can make the chocolate topping by melting some semisweet chocolate and pouring it over the dessert. Leave it to set and it will finish this lemon and chocolate pudding cake recipe off to perfection. The same glaze can be used for donuts.
- 5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups melted butter
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups whipped cream
- Yellow food coloring
- Combine the melted butter with the graham cracker crumbs and half the sugar.
- Press half of this mixture on to the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Refrigerate it for half an hour.
- Stir the lemon gelatin into the boiling water until it completely dissolves. Let it sit and get thick.
- Cream the remaining sugar with the cream cheese, and then add the thickened gelatin and vanilla extract.
- Fold in 2 cups of the cream.
- Divide the mixture in half and add a few drops of yellow food coloring to one half.
- Spoon the yellow mixture over the crust, then spread the white mixture on top.
- Chill the pudding for 2 hours or until it has set.
- Top it with the rest of the graham cracker crumb mixture.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and take it off the heat.
- Make sure you do not get any water into the pan.
- Pour the chocolate over the cake and leave it to set.
- Cut it into squares to serve.
This fluffy gelatin dessert blends the flavors of lemon, chocolate, cream, vanilla and more. The cream cheese gives it a depth of texture and the whipped cream keeps it fluffy. This elegant lemon and chocolate pudding cake is the perfect dessert after dinner and it is also nice served with a cup of coffee mid-afternoon. The picture shows what the cake looks like if you add yellow food coloring to half the mousse mixture but that step is optional. It will still be a layered gelatin mousse cake with or without the two colors inside, because of the two layers of crust and the chocolate topping.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18610 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17606 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10597 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9798 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9475 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8523 Views)