Lemon Pudding Cake Recipe
This hot lemon pudding cake recipe is perfect for a chilly fall or winter evening when you want something to warm you up. The cakes are made with a lemon cake mix, as well as fresh lemon juice, eggs and blueberry jam. You can swirl the jam on the top of the cakes just before you bake it. This adds flavor and color. Use fresh blueberries, if you can get them, as the garnish. Failing that, you can use thawed or canned ones but they will not be as firm.
Maybe you have made a recipe for lemon pudding cake or a lemon instant pudding and cake recipe before or perhaps this will be your first one. Whatever the case, you are sure to enjoy the flavor of this one. If you have made a gelatin poke cake recipe before, you will know about poking holes in a cake and pouring gelatin over it to set. In this recipe the holes are to allow the lemon juice and powdered sugar mixture to infuse right into the hot cake. This adds sweetness and flavor, as well as moisture. It also means you will get a sauce forming underneath the cake, which adds to the appeal of this wonderful lemon and blueberry cake recipe.
As you can imagine, this is a great-smelling recipe and while it is baking your kitchen will smell magnificent. If you have kids, you can expect them to wander curiously into the kitchen looking hopeful when the tangy lemon scent reaches their noses! This is not just a recipe for kids though; adults will also enjoy the sophisticated citrus tang, the contrast of blueberries, and the wonderful texture of this sweet and satisfying comfort food lemon cake recipe.
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 24 fresh blueberries
- 3 teaspoons blueberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the lemon gelatin in the hot water until it dissolves, then stir in the cold water, eggs, and beat for 2 minutes.
- Combine this mixture with the oil and cake mix and beat for 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture between 6 ramekins.
- Dot some blueberry jam on top of each one and swirl it around a bit.
- Put the ramekins in a larger bowl with some warm water in it.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Combine the lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Poke a few holes in each cake with a fork, and then pour the lemon juice mixture over them.
- Decorate each dessert with 4 blueberries just before serving.
This lemon pudding cake recipe can be made in ramekins, as you can see in the photo, or you could use a large bowl instead and cut the cake into individual servings afterwards. If you have ramekins, it is probably easier just to use those. This gelatin dessert recipe uses gelatin as a flavoring rather than for texture. Gelatin is not something that needs to be baked but the cake is, so the gelatin powder gives the cake extra lemon taste. The lemon juice does the same, except you must combine it with powdered sugar first to take the bitter edge away. This is a light and fluffy gelatin dessert, which is wonderful, served hot from the oven.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32426 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18608 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17599 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13817 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10585 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9787 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9024 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8513 Views)