One of the Best Scottish Recipes for Sticky Toffee Pudding
Scottish recipes for sticky toffee pudding are really popular and no wonder – this dessert is heavenly! The following recipe is an authentic recipe for sticky toffee pudding and features mouthwatering ingredients like dates, treacle, vanilla, syrup and more. The sauce is made with instant butterscotch pudding. Unlike when you make pudding normally, in this recipe you are going to use extra milk.
This makes the pudding really thin and sauce-like. You can make it in advance if you like and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. You can thin the sauce even more with a little extra milk before serving, if you think it needs it. Serving the chilled sauce over the hot pudding is great and this rich dessert is a wonderful winter warmer.
You can make sauce for desserts using any kind of instant pudding. Simply make it up following the instructions on the package and add an extra cup of milk, then pour it over your favorite dessert. Pudding comes in many flavors, including vanilla, pistachio, pumpkin spice and lots more, so why not try making an easy sauce with it?
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 2 oz butter, plus more for greasing
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding
- 7 oz self rising flour, plus more for flouring
- 3 cups cold milk
- 7 oz pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons black treacle or molasses
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 fl oz boiling water
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 6 small pudding molds and sprinkle some flour into them.
- If you do not have 6 individual pudding molds, use one large one and add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy and pale.
- This is easiest in a food processor.
- Add the treacle, eggs, and syrup, a bit at a time, blending the mixture until smooth.
- Add the flour and blend at a low speed.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Blend the boiling water and dates in a food processor until you have a smooth puree. Stir in the vanilla and bicarbonate or soda.
- Add the date mixture to the batter and stir well.
- Divide the mixture between the greased, floured molds and bake for about 22 minutes or until the puddings are golden brown and springy on top.
- Beat the pudding mix into the milk, using a wire whisk, to make the sauce.
- Unmold each pudding on to a serving plate and pour the butterscotch sauce over the top.
Doesn’t this photo just make you want to lick the monitor? If you have never made a sticky toffee pudding recipe, this one is heartily recommended! Scottish recipes for sticky toffee pudding are the best ones and pairing it with a homemade butterscotch sauce is a great idea, especially when you can make the sauce while the pudding cooks. With pudding, you usually need to leave it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to set but obviously a sauce is not meant to set so make it five minutes before the sticky toffee pudding comes out of the oven and you’re good to go!
2 Responses to One of the Best Scottish Recipes for Sticky Toffee Pudding
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32438 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17608 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13824 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10597 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9800 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9477 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9027 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8526 Views)