Strawberry and Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
These little cakes look great and they are so simple to make. The combination of a chocolate cookie crumb base, a strawberry mousse layer, and a vanilla mousse layer is extra special and you will love the way the fruity flavors work with the chocolate. The easiest way to get neat little squares is to run a knife with a thin blade under hot water, then run it between the side of the pan and the cake to release it. You might need to warm the knife again. Take the springform sides off and serve the cake. You can keep this strawberry, vanilla and chocolate pudding cake in the refrigerator for up to three days.
If you want a more colorful cake, feel free to add a few drops of pink or red food coloring to the strawberry mousse layer and a few drops of yellow coloring to the vanilla layer. This is optional and does not affect the flavor of the pudding cake, but it does brighten it up a bit.
Serve this cake with a cup of coffee in the afternoon or for dessert after dinner. Since it keeps for a few days in the refrigerator, you might even want to double the recipe and make extra.
- 3 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 4 oz melted butter
- Whipped cream, fresh mint leaves and cocoa powder, for garnish
- 8 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ? cup boiling water
- ½ lb fresh or thawed strawberries
- Half a 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 packages (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch springform pan.
- Combine the melted butter and cookie crumbs in a bowl, then press the mixture on to the base of the greased pan and chill it in the refrigerator.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and rinse the fruit, if you are using fresh ones.
- Drain the ice and water away if they are thawed.
- Blend them until you have a puree.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and then add the milk.
- Add the sugar to the gelatin, and then add the lemon juice.
- Add the egg yolk and brandy.
- Whip the cream until it is thick, and then add it to the gelatin mixture, along with the strawberry puree.
- Spread this over the chilled, set crust.
- Beat the vanilla pudding into the cold milk and spread this over the top of the strawberry mousse.
- Chill for 3 hours.
- Cut the cake into squares and decorate each one with some whipped cream, a couple of fresh mint leaves and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
This vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate pudding cake recipe is really good and if you are a fan of vanilla pudding cake you will love it. The strawberry layer is amazing too. It is up to you whether or not to use a few drops of food coloring when making the mousse layers and, if you want vibrant colors like in the photo you should. This fluffy dessert has a great taste and you can use other flavors of pudding if you like, for a slightly different result. This is one of the easiest gelatin recipes to make and it looks very impressive.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)