Warm Sponge Puddings with Juicy Berries
If you want to know how to make sponge puddings, then the following recipe is for you. Pairing a light, fluffy, vanilla-flavored cake with a hot, juicy berry topping, these flavorful sponge puddings make a soothing and satisfying treat. Even if you are new to making simple dessert recipes, you will not have any trouble following this recipe because the ingredients are common and the preparation is straightforward.
Whether you opt to serve these lovely desserts with whipped cream and fresh berries or with hot or cold custard (a favorite in the UK), these sponge puddings are sure to brighten up your day. They are easy to prepare and they look really nice. You can use fresh herbs (perhaps mint or basil sprigs) to decorate them, or simply serve them as they are.
So, what type of berries should you use for sponge pudding recipes? Actually you can pretty much take your pick. The berries become really juicing during baking and produce a lot of juice, so you do not need to make a sauce – just add the berries to the ramekins before spooning the batter on top. Try blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, hulled cherries, blackcurrants, and cranberries. If you are using tart berries like cranberries or blueberries, you might want to add some sugar, or just use 20% tart berries and make sure the rest are sweet ones.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups mixed berries, plus extra for garnish
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 6 sprigs fresh mint or basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 6 ramekins with a little oil.
- Whisk the eggs with the vanilla extract, salt and sugar until frothy.
- Whisk in the milk, then whisk in the baking powder and flour until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the berries between the 6 greased ramekins.
- Pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- Let the desserts cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack, and then tip them on to serving plates.
- Garnish each one with an herb sprig and a few fresh berries and serve while they are still warm.
Chilled desserts are usually popular if you have friends over for dinner because you can make them in advance and bring them out at the right moment, but there is also a place for warm dessert recipes. These melt-in-the-mouth sponge puddings, topped with juicy berries, make a great dessert. You can use fresh or thawed berries for these sponge puddings. Garnish them with colorful fresh herbs and perhaps a few uncooked fresh berries on the side, and serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or perhaps some whipped cream or vanilla custard, and you will have a wonderful winter warmer of a dessert which everyone will enjoy very much.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49941 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32446 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10606 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)