Amazing Recipe for Mango Pudding with Chocolate Sauce
If you are having a dinner party and you want a nice dessert recipe mango pudding is ideal. You can make these delicious fruity desserts ahead and keep them in the refrigerator; bear in mind though that they are best eaten within a day. Mango pudding is made with pineapple gelatin in this recipe, unless you can find mango gelatin, although you can switch the gelatin for two little envelopes of gelatin if you prefer. The pineapple gelatin gives this mango pudding recipe a sweet flavor and complements the tropical taste.
If you want to save time, you can use a readymade ice cream syrup rather than making your own, but homemade chocolate sauce tends to be extra delicious so perhaps you would like to make it. You can also use Cool Whip instead of whipping your own cream, if you prefer. These mango puddings are light and refreshing and they are perfect after a big meal when you do not want a heavy dessert.
The evaporated milk adds to the cream flavor, as well as making this recipe for mango pudding opaque. Feel free to use mango puree if mangos are out of season or unavailable in your area. Else, you can make your own mango puree with fresh mangoes. Why not try this recipe with another fruit? Pineapple would work too. Gelatin tends not to set if it contains fresh pineapple (or kiwi, gingerroot or papaya) because of a specific enzyme found in it but canned crushed pineapple would work nicely. Then you might like to use orange gelatin or another tropical variety, for a contrasting flavor.
- 1 package pineapple gelatin
- 3 cups mango puree
- 1 cup boiling water
- 10 ice cubes
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water.
- Combine the evaporated milk, ice cubes, and mango puree.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the mango puree mixture and stir until the ice melts.
- Divide the mixture between 8 molds and leave the mango puddings to set for several hours.
- Heat half the cream and chocolate chips in a pan over a low heat, stirring all the time, until the sauce is smooth and the chocolate has melted.
- Stir in the vanilla and let the sauce cool to room temperature.
- Dip the gelatin molds in hot water, and then unmold the puddings on to individual serving plates.
- Whip the remaining cream.
- Top each mango pudding with some whipped cream and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
When looking for a tropical dessert recipe mango pudding is always a winner. Not only is this mango pudding easy to make but the flavor is amazing. Pairing mango puree with pineapple gelatin gives this fluffy gelatin dessert an authentic tropical flavor. You could even enhance that further by adding coconut extract (or Malibu liqueur!) to either the whipped cream or the chocolate sauce. Anything is possible with this Caribbean-inspired pudding lovers’ dream and the decadent chocolate sauce really does finish this mango pudding off in style. Make these desserts in advance, if you like, to save time. They take around three hours to set to perfection.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32441 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13827 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8534 Views)