Easy Creamy Mango Pudding Recipe
For an impressive recipe, you cannot go wrong with vanilla and mango pudding served in a homemade pastry bowl. This beautiful-looking dessert is not complicated to make. Do not panic about the pastry either because this is very straightforward. If you want to simplify if further, use four bowls for the pastry and shape the pastry bowls like mini pie crusts, rather than wrapping it around four small objects to get the rustic-looking pastry in the photo.
To make it even easier, you can use four store-bought pastry shells instead but then people might wrongly assume the whole dessert is store-bought, just because the pastry does not look homemade! Pastry is easy to cook but you ought to keep an eye on it. When it starts to go golden brown, it is ready. If it bubbles, you can prick the bubbles with a fork and press it back into shape, then let it finish baking.
If you are looking for a very easy recipe, mango pudding is a great choice. The following recipe combines mango puree with vanilla instant pudding to make the mango pudding. This is because instant pudding does not come in mango flavor. The vanilla and mango work nicely together and the overall flavor is very good. The texture is really creamy and works nicely with the pastry. You can make the pudding while the pastry cases are baking, if you want, then serve the chilled pudding in the warm pastry shells, for a nice contrast.
- ½ cup Crisco
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 packages vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 1 ½ cups Cool Whip
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1 cup cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and put a baking sheet on the center shelf.
- Combine the water and Crisco with ½ cup of the flour and mix well using your hands or a mixer.
- Work in the rest of the flour, and then roll out the dough and form four circles.
- Roll each of these around a small heatproof cup or bowl and secure them with string.
- The idea is to get four rigid bowls made of pastry, which you can serve the mango pudding inside.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is firm and golden brown.
- Let the pastry bowls cool down then remove the string.
- Whisk the mango puree, milk and pudding mixes together.
- Stir in the Cool Whip. Spoon this mixture into the cooled pastry cases and serve.
As you can see from the photo, these mango puddings look really good served in the homemade pastry shells. As unusual as this recipe is, it is also very simple to prepare. The mango pudding is simply a question of combining instant pudding with mango puree, Cool Whip and milk and the pastry shells are also pretty straightforward. The two combine perfectly to make a tropical dessert, which would be perfect after any kind of entree. This fluffy dessert will impress adults and kids alike and it has to be one of the easiest pudding recipes to make, so this one would suit beginner cooks too.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8542 Views)