How to Make Chocolate Pudding from Scratch
These delicious chocolate puddings are nice served with whipped cream or crème fraiche. You might want to press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of each pudding to stop a skin forming. Some people hate skins on their puddings and others think the skin is the best bit, but since you are making them it is your choice. Keep the puddings covered and refrigerated for up to two days.
You might like to add some crunch to this chocolate pudding recipe, in which case feel free to add some chocolate chips, nuts or chocolate-coated cereal flakes. You can play around with the flavor too, perhaps swapping the vanilla extract for almond extract or even extra-strong espresso.
The chocolate curls can be made or bought. If you want to make your own, you will need a block of well-chilled chocolate and a vegetable peeler. Simple press the vegetable peeler along the chocolate, moving it towards you, and the chocolate will curl through the opening in the peeler.
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 oz warm, melted bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whipped cream, to decorate
- 2 tablespoons chocolate curls, to decorate
- Mix the cocoa, salt, and cornstarch together in a food processor.
- Turn the mixture out into a bowl.
- Put the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in the food processor with the egg and egg yolks and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the food processor sides and add the rest of the milk.
- Pulse briefly to mix, then add the dry ingredients and pulse a few times to combine.
- Bring 2 cups of milk and 3 tablespoons of sugar to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour the hot mixture into the food processor, with the machine running.
- Process for a few seconds, and then transfer everything into the saucepan.
- Whisk constantly over a moderate heat, until the pudding is thick and starts to bubble.
- This will take about 2 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Scrape the pudding mixture back into the food processor and pulse it a couple of times, then add the butter, vanilla extract, and chocolate and blend.
- Divide the puddings between 6 ramekins and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
A chocolate pudding recipe makes a classic dessert and most people love chocolate pudding recipes. There is a lot of difference though between the chocolate puddings you buy in the store and the gourmet kind you make yourself. If you want to impress your dinner guests, or your family, why not try this chocolate pudding recipe? You can make the chocolate puddings in advance and bring them out of the refrigerator when you are ready. The puddings are rich, thick, and totally satisfying. You can see from the picture what a nice garnish the whipped cream and chocolate curls make.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32433 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18609 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17600 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13821 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10587 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9789 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9026 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8519 Views)