Mocha Pudding Dessert Recipe
If you love the bold combination of coffee and chocolate, this is a great dessert for you. The rich mocha flavor is easy to achieve with a mixture of instant chocolate pudding and homemade coffee pudding. Keep a close watch on the coffee pudding as it is cooling, testing it with your finger. Do not let it become cold, else it will set in unattractive threads when it comes into contact with the cream. You need it to be tepid when you add the cream to it.
If you want to, you can add a little Baileys or coffee liqueur to the coffee pudding, after you add the cream, to enrich the coffee flavor. This is optional. Some people wonder about using Coffee Mate instead of milk in pudding. This is fine and you might like to experiment with a flavored coffee creamer. Coffee Mate comes in amaretto, cinnamon and vanilla flavors, amongst others, and there is a fat free variety. Be careful not to make the pudding too sickly sweet though. Some coffee creamers are sweetened.
You can decorate this mocha pudding dessert however you like. White chocolate candies with cocoa powder look good, or you can use dark chocolate or even a dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip with a cherry on top. This is a very luxurious chocolate and coffee dessert.
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 2 oz white sugar
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 egg whites
- ½ pint whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 envelope powdered gelatin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 6 white chocolate candies
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Dissolve the sugar and coffee in the boiling water.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Stand the bowl in a pan of simmering water for a minute or 2, until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Pour the coffee into the gelatin liquid and stir well.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and leave the mixture to cool to lukewarm.
- Whip the cream until it is stiff.
- Whip the egg whites using clean beaters.
- Blend the lukewarm coffee mixture into the cream.
- Stir in the egg whites.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Add the milk to the chocolate pudding mix and beat for a couple of minutes with a wire whisk.
- Spoon ? of the coffee pudding between 6 lowball glasses, top it with the chocolate pudding, then add the rest of the coffee pudding.
- Decorate each mocha pudding with a chocolate candy and sprinkle cocoa powder over the top.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours before serving.
This mocha pudding dessert is great served in lowball glasses or parfait glasses, so you can see the different layers. This is a rich and satisfying dessert which chocoholics will be unable to resist! The layer of chocolate pudding between two layers of coffee pudding make this into a mocha pudding and the chocolate on top is a nice decoration. This mocha pudding is great after any type of meal and it makes a rich, sumptuous, and very enjoyable end to your dinner.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49171 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32428 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18608 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17599 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13817 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10585 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9787 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9472 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9024 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8515 Views)