Recipe for Peanut Butter Pudding with Chocolate
Perhaps you have been looking for a recipe for peanut butter pudding, in which case you will like this one. This dessert is made in three layers so make it in glasses or transparent dishes, so that everyone can appreciate the trio of layers. This is a really nice looking dessert and it is not hard to make.
The first one is a peanut butter pudding and this is made with evaporated milk, vanilla, peanut butter and more. Homemade pudding is brilliant and this one tastes extra good. On top of that you have a layer of chocolate pudding and this is made with instant pudding, to save time and also because it tastes great. The chocolate pudding is made with milk and cream for an extra rich flavor and for extra thickness.
The top layer is Cool Whip (or whipped cream if you prefer) and you can decorate these desserts however you like. This recipe for peanut butter pudding is nice with chocolate sprinkles on top or you could use chocolate chips, fudge pieces, chopped maraschino cherries or anything else you fancy. You can make this peanut butter pudding in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. Serve it the same day, for the best results.
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 12 oz water
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles, to decorate
- Melt the butter in a 3 quart pan over a moderately low heat, and then stir in the sugar, flour, and peanut butter.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the water and evaporated milk slowly, and boil the mixture, stirring it all the time.
- Cook it for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla, and then divide the mixture between 6 serving glasses.
- Put plastic wrap on top of each one so the puddings do not form a skin.
- You do not need to do that if you are ready with the next layer though.
- Whisk the milk with the cream and chocolate pudding mix, and then spoon this over the peanut butter mixture in the glasses.
- Spread the Cool Whip over the top of each one and decorate them with chocolate chips and sprinkles.
As you can see from the picture, this delicious peanut butter pudding is made in three layers – a peanut butter and vanilla layer, a rich chocolate pudding layer and a creamy topping. This is a great family dessert and it is nice enough for a dinner party too. You can make this recipe for peanut butter pudding in advance if that is easier. If you want to, you can make this in one big bowl instead of in smaller serving glasses. Not everyone has six matching dessert glasses. If you are using a big bowl, choose a clear glass one so that everyone can enjoy the layers in this peanut butter pudding recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32445 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17620 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10605 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9807 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9035 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)