Cinnamon Baked Apples with Orange Gelatin
Apples can be used in both sweet and savory recipes. Perhaps you are fond of baked pork chops with apples or you might prefer apple pie with ice cream or Christmas pudding with apples and other fruit. In the following recipe, apples are hollowed out, stuffed with spiced raisins, and baked until they are soft and fragrant. You can imagine how nice they taste and how soft and sweet the wonderful apple flesh is.
These old fashioned baked apples made a breathtaking dessert because they are healthy as well as delicious and you can even add a modern twist by serving them with orange gelatin. Cinnamon baked apples smell wonderful as they cook and everyone will gather in the kitchen wondering what the heavenly aroma is!
The orange gelatin can be left off if you like but it does add a festive fruity flavor to the cinnamon baked apples. Try using a different kind of gelatin if you prefer, like strawberry, cranberry, blueberry or anything else. If you enjoy Christmas pudding, you will like the festive flavor the cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins give to the apples, as well as the fruitiness from the gelatin.
- 4 baking apples
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¾ cup cold water
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package orange gelati
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water and leave the mixture to thicken.
- Wash the apples and remove the cores and stems, leaving ¼ inch in the bottom so the filling does not fall through.
- Peel the skin off the top ¼ of the apples.
- Lightly score the apple skin around the middles.
- This prevents the apples from splitting when they bake.
- Put the apples in an 8 inch baking dish.
- Combine the lemon juice and cold water and add a tablespoon of this mixture to each apple.
- Pour the rest into the dish so the apples are sitting in it.
- Divide the raisins between the apples.
- Combine the nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle this into the apples.
- If there is some leftover sprinkle, it into the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes uncovered or until the apples are soft.
- Baste the apples a couple of times with the pan juices during the cooking time.
- Pour the thickened gelatin over the apples and serve warm.
Look how appetizing these baked apples are in the photo. The spiced raisin filling gives them a marvelous taste and the orange gelatin poured over the top finishes these old fashioned baked apples just right. If you are looking for gelatin recipes, which are a little unusual, then combining the classic flavor of baked apples with something as modern as gelatin, you will find that your kids (and the rest of the family) love it. Baked apples do not cost much to make and the flavor is second to none. You might like to serve them with custard or cream. Vanilla ice cream is also magical with baked apples.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)