Apple Crisp Pie Recipe
Are you looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe that will blow your socks off? Try my amazing Apple Crisp Pie Recipe today and you will be blown away! Watch my easy to follow recipe video that I have posted below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to make Apple Crisp Pie today! I hope you enjoy my recipe!
Apple Crisp Pie
Remember when you were a child and your Mother or Grandmother would bake such wonderful meals and the most splendid deserts in the world? Remember too smelling the aroma of apples mixed with cinnamon, sugar and other spices that it would make your stomach growl loudly. Well with the Apple Crisp Pie recipe below you too can create wonderful memories for your children and grandchildren. Memories of love they will carry with them forever, perhaps to share with their own children and grandchildren.
Sweet creamy butter and cream cheese along with a little flour and salt makes a beautiful crust. This crust constructs the foundation for a simply divine Apple Crisp Pie that is oh so sinfully rich, creamy, and crunchy too! Mouth-watering apples, lemon juice, butter, brown sugar, a little flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger will make a delightful apple filling that will remind you of days gone by.
For a wonderfully crunchy streusel topping all you need is a little more flour, butter, quick cook oats-uncooked and some brown sugar.
Create some memories, start a tradition with your kids. Have a family bake off. Whatever you chose to do, when you fix this Apple Crisp Pie you will be a hit when you present it on your dining room table.
Create some memories, start a tradition with your kids. Have a family bake off. Whatever you chose to do, when you fix this Apple Crisp Pie you will be a hit when you present it on your dinning room table.
Do You Like Apple Crisp More in Pie Form?
- 1¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 10 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups peeled and thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup plus 6 tablespoons softened butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Beat ½ cup of the butter with the cream cheese in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until well combined, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl occasionally.
- Beat in 1¼ cups of flour, the white sugar and salt at a medium-low speed until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Turn the speed up to medium-high, and beat for half a minute or until the dough begins to clump together.
- Lay out a 24 inch piece of waxed paper on a work surface, and scoop the dough on to the left half of the paper.
- Shape it into a ball, and flatten it into a 6 inch round.
- Fold the right side of the paper over the dough round, covering the dough.
- With the rolling pin on top of the paper, gently roll the dough out into a round crust about ⅛ inch thick.
- Peel off the top half of the waxed paper, turn the dough out onto the prepared pie dish, and fit the dough into the dish.
- Peel off the remaining piece of waxed paper.
- To make the filling, combine the apple slices with the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix ¼ cup of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of flour, the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together.
- Mix the flour mixture with the apples and pour the apple filling into the crust.
- To make the topping, stir ¼ cup of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of flour, and the oats.
- Cut in 6 tablespoons of butter with a pastry cutter, until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Spoon this topping evenly over the apple filling.
- Bake until the apple filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. This will take about 40 minutes.
- If the crust starts to look brown after 20 minutes of baking, cover the crust edge with a strip of aluminum foil.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if liked.
Try making this yummy apple crisp pie recipe, and enjoy the fruits of your endeavor with vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream if you prefer. This recipe is easy to follow and boasts hearty ingredients like apple, oats and flour, along with aromatic ones like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and lemon, for a result everyone will love. Apple crisp is great any time of the year, perhaps served chilled with ice cream in the warmer months or served piping hot during those chillier times of the year. The kids are going to love this as much as the grownups and you can tweak the filling, adding rhubarb or blackberries to those juicy apples if you choose.
“How to Make Apple Crumble Pie” Video Guide
Step by Step Instructions for “Apple Crumble Pie”
One Response to Apple Crisp Pie Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)