Strawberry Crisp Recipe with Oatmeal
This wonderful recipe is great whatever the season. In the summer, you can serve it chilled with crème fraiche. In the fall or winter, try it hot with ice cream or whipped cream. Strawberry rhubarb crisp is a popular recipe and if you are familiar with strawberry rhubarb crumble, you might want to make this recipe. The combination of soft, sweet fruit and the crunchy oatmeal and flour-based topping is great and adding some cream or ice cream to the cooked dessert makes it extra good and finishes it off perfectly. This is a great family dessert but you can also make it for a dinner party; it is definitely impressive enough and everyone loves home-baked dessert recipes.
You can add some rhubarb if you like, or just use the strawberries. Loganberries, redcurrants, and raspberries are also good. You will find that the balsamic vinegar, which is dark, rich, sour and sweet at the same time, brings out the flavor of the strawberries really well, in case you were wondering why that was an ingredient. The gelatin powder fortifies the strawberry taste and it is used in this recipe to lend extra flavor rather than to change the consistency of the strawberry crumble.
You can make this strawberry crumble recipe in individual ramekins or in one big pot. It makes little difference but if you are serving them for a dinner party, making them in attractive individual containers might be nicer in terms of presentation. As you can imagine, this is one of the most delicious smelling gelatin recipes while it is in the oven. Your kitchen will smell really amazing.
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 3 oz butter
- 4 oz white sugar
- 1 oz oatmeal
- 6 oz all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 14 oz hulled strawberries
- 2 stalks rhubarb, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop any strawberries, which are too large and arrange them in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 oz of the sugar over them and add the vinegar.
- Sprinkle the dry gelatin powder over the top.
- Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until the mixture is like fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the oatmeal and remaining sugar to make a crumble topping.
- Spread this over the strawberries.
- Put the baking dish on a baking sheet and bake until the fruit is starting to bubble and the crumble topping is golden brown.
- This will take about half an hour.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Whether you make a strawberry rhubarb crumble or a strawberry crumble recipe without the rhubarb, this versatile dish is definitely going to brighten up your day. The vibrant red of the fruit mixture contrasts well with the golden brown topping and you can either serve it chilled or hot from the oven. This delicious strawberry crumble, which is not that different from a rhubarb strawberry crisp recipe, is sure to thrill kids and adults alike and you can see from the photo how appealing it is. If you are serving it warm, give it five or ten minutes to cool down slightly after you take it out of the oven because the fruit will be piping hot.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18617 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17622 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)